Originally posted by mlytle:
oh cool, us "midpack" drivers with 9.5 / 10 built e36 cars will now have to invest $4k in a motec to keep up with the 30 year old z cars with drum brakes. sounds like a good investment to me. not.

this isn't the first, but gotta love scca rule changes that cost competitors thousands of dollars in new costs and even more in reduced value of the car.
Huh? So what you're saying is that the car was just fine before, because you didn't have to prep to the max to be competitive with those who DID prep to the max? Sounds to me like the car IS an overdog, and the easy life is coming to a close.

Don't drag the stupid ECU rule into this...it's really irrelevant. The bottom line was that the car was an overdog when prepped to the max and driven by great drivers compared to other equal prep/driver combos.

If someone can provide proof that the car is indeed NOT an overdog, then fine...but until then, I have a hard time accepting that folks are upset that they will now be required to do their homework to run at the front.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]