Thread: update bumper cover to newer model year allowed?

Default update bumper cover to newer model year allowed?

As of the latest Fastrack, GSRs up to MY99 are classed in ITS. Honda changed the front and rear bumper covers on the Integras in 98.

Can I run the 98+ bits on my 96? The 98+ parts look much better. Thanks in advance.,

------------------
    Zsolt - #18 H3 GSR
    http://www.SouthEastHondaChallenge.com

I'm nearly positive the answer to this is yes. If it is the same car on the same line in the GCR, any updating/backdating is fair game. The 2nd Gen RX7s and 240zs do this a lot - the fast ones are frankensteins of the best parts from the best years.

Yes, with limitations...remember the entire assembly must be changed.

In your case, it probably doesn't apply...but I've seen engines configured with a light "this" for a cartain year and a light "that" from another...which doesn't cut it. The assembly (the short block in this case) never came that way.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Jake, interesting point. I think there are a lot of liberal interpretations of "assemblies" out there.....

Same kind of question, but on a different vehicle. Would the front bumper cover from an '89 Civic Si be able to be used on an '89 Civic Dx? Same class (ITA), but on different lines in the GCR. There is no benefit to doing this other than looks, and the Si has a lower lip which the Dx does not, but this could be considered a front air dam. Just curious.

H5 Civic-

No... We wanted to change our Audi bumpers so the cars at least looked like newer cars, but the cars are seperated on different lines...

Not to mention their are small "advantages." As you sorta mentioned about the lower lip... We two would have a lot more options with our front spoiler/airdam with the newer bumper. The newer bumpers would be considered part of the body wherease our current bumpers are not considered part of the body by the definition in the GCR. Because our bumpers are not considered part of the body we have no room for a splitter (With the new bumpers we could put on a 3" + splitter.

SPiFF-

Now as far as the initial question, if the cars are on the same line, then you can switch the entire assembly... People (in the old days) would switch the steel bumpers for the "hard to find" aluminim ones. I remember all the time people searching for the cars that had "light" bumpers...

ok was that some good rambling did it all make sence? or answer your question?

Raymond