Originally posted by Bill Miller:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only car that's allowed to run an OEM rear wing the ITA AW11 MR2?
That's an interesting question... one that likely has a "grey area" type answer...

I know the RX-3SP was allowed to run it's stock rear spoiler, because THAT is part of what an SP was and the SP is specifically classified.

I run the factory rear wing on my 240SX, because it's an SE, and the SE is the only model that can with 16" wheels, which are specified in the rules, which means that the SE model is specifially allowed, which means the wing is allowed, as it is part of the SE package...

There may be some that have it specified on the spec line, but otherwise, I read that IF the model classified defines a car that includes a wing/spoiler, then it's legal. Since the RX-3SP is specifically mentioned, and the RX-3SP package IS the rear wing, graphics, and front spoiler, then I take the rear wing to be legal... I apply this to others as well...

I'm sure there are all kinds of holes in that way of looking at it, but that's how I read it...

OK, go for it guys... I'll sit back and read...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX