As a newbie here, I think I am allowed at least a few "stupid" questions. I hope I have not used them up already.

I've been following with interest the "ECU Rule" thread and it got me thinking about some other things that will be coming down the pipe.

Soon, there are going to be a lot of nifty cars available for IT racing - either due to the age of the car or price (I know price isn't a "rule" concern but it does affect what people can build). For instance:

BMW 328i, ci
BMW 330i, ci
E36 M3s
Subaru WRX
Mitishubshi Evo
Audi S4 (99 styles)
Acura RSX
Honda S2000
BMW Z3s
Nissan 300z (last gen)
Mazda RX7, 3rd gen

Etc., there are a lot of other cars but I think you get the idea. Basically, there are a lots of cars with all-wheel drive, turbos, and good power (>200 stock) that are going to be, in theory, IT elligable in a short amount of time.

How will the SCCA deal with this? Will allowances be made for these cars, or will we have to go on racing "low-performance" cars? Arguably, we're at that point now since we've excluded a lot of cars that are very cheap and have good performance - Mustang 5.0s and Camaro LT1s just to name two.

I know that some of these cars fit into other classes (American Sedan for a couple come to mind) but why wouldn't they fit in IT? They are cheap and common, have tons of cheap aftermarket parts, and are fun to drive.

Just some random thoughts.

Ron

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!