Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nov Fastrak out

Originally posted by JohnRW:
    Unfortunately, this board has taken on the look of the Prod boards. Internet gas-bags rule.
    John and others,

To this, I have to appologize for any part I may have had in creating this situation.

I assure you that my interests are solely on getting the most out of this medium inorder to better serve the IT community...

The fact that I let myself get wrapped up in this nit-picky debates stems mostly from my desire to try to set the record straight and to give the side of the story that I know...

I'm human also, however, and I'm not about to let some windbag trash me in "public" without defending myself or at least trying to set the record straight.

Hopefully, those of you out there listening have the patience to weed through the BS and see the true intentions behind the ITAC and those people involved with trying to make this class grow and continue being successful.

That's all we're trying to do...

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
    Renton, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">No Bill, this time, the ITAC actually does have letters</font>
    So Darin, you've finally admitted that you never had the proof/evidence that you claimed to have had.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">To my recollection, this is the FIRST time I've ever even mentioned this.</font>
    So I guess you've forgotten about when you said I 'abandoned' IT, because I sold my IT car and bought a Prod car. :roll:

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

[This message has been edited by Bill Miller (edited October 10, 2004).]

Originally posted by Bill Miller:
    So I guess you've forgotten about when you said I 'abandoned' IT, because I sold my IT car and bought a Prod car. :roll:
    Yes, I have forgotten saying that... If I did, I'd be interested in the full context of it...

NO matter, this is a waste of everyone elses time. You can take this up with me in private, if you have the sack...

OH, and I admitted a LONG time ago that I couldn't find the e-mails with the numbers I was quoting for the VW power. I even suggested that the numbers you were quoting were likely closer to REAL... (didn't you say around 99hp or so?) What exactly are you trying to prove? Can you REALLY look over the past year, and all that has happened in IT, and ALL the communication, questions, answers, etc., that I and the ITAC have taken part in and suggest that we aren't being straight-forward with the IT community? Is THAT what you are trying to show???

OR, are you just trying to show that YOU'VE been screwed over in some way???

Make your accusation or leave me alone, because this is simply REDICULOUS and I simply don't wish to be associated with this kind of BS any further. I'm not willing to let you ruin this medium for the rest of IT, so say your peace and get over it.

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
    Renton, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

You know, I think it was me who first said that. And it's as true today as it was then. It'll be nice when we get the new board system, though, as we should be able to "ignore" posts from certain users.

And, as far as the ECU thing, can someone provide hard evidence that, by opening the ECU rules, it upset the balance of IT? In my region, the front runners are still the front runners and nothing else has changed (and, no, they weren't cheating before the rule change).

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Originally posted by Geo:
    Should I be able to run the 8" Fuchs that came on my 944? Should the E46 be able to run the 8" sport package wheels?
    I've been told the "S" is the only car that got the 8" wheels? Is that wrong? It's just the rears anyway?

Same question on the BMW, was that an option on the car that is classed?

The only case I'm familiar with is the ITB Mustang. '91 to '93 models had 15x7's at all four corners.

Someone once suggested that any AFTERMARKET wheel be limited to the class maximum. OEM being legal at whatever width came on the car. Seemed like a reasonable comprimise to me, run heavy 15x7 OEM wheels, or lighter 15x6, about a wash?

Originally posted by tderonne:
    I've been told the "S" is the only car that got the 8" wheels? Is that wrong? It's just the rears anyway?
    The Fuchs option on the 944 included 8" rears. I'm not even sure the S got 8" rears.

Same question on the BMW, was that an option on the car that is classed?
    That is correct, it was part of the optional sport package.

[B]The only case I'm familiar with is the ITB Mustang. '91 to '93 models had 15x7's at all four corners.
    Am I missing something? I don't see a 91-93 Mustang in ITB.

Someone once suggested that any AFTERMARKET wheel be limited to the class maximum. OEM being legal at whatever width came on the car. Seemed like a reasonable comprimise to me, run heavy 15x7 OEM wheels, or lighter 15x6, about a wash?
    With the exception of impossible to find legal wheels (e.g. N I'd say class limit is class limit. I was truly just stirring the pot in the post you quoted.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

IF I were offered a trade off between a heqavy wide stock wheel and a light wheel an inch narrower, I would take the wide one everytime, (OK, maybe not in the ITD world...).

When you think of the weight difference as a percentage of total rotational weight, I think its fairly minimal. I can hear the engineers howling now!

My thinking is that in the rare instances where the ITAC thinks that there aren't any reasonable sources for wheels that meet IT specs, that the car be allowed to run on it's stock size with a weight penalty. In the NBs case, this should be a slam dunk.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Golly...let's get back to battery weight research...