Robert,

I'll concede that you're prejudiced, but it's clouded your objectivity. VW didn't 'create' the G-grind cam for club racing in the US. It was a European spec part that game in the European GTI's. Also, VW didn't initiate getting the G-grind cam allowed in IT, that was member driven.

The Rabbit/Bilstein Cup is almost 20 years old, at its youngest. VWoA hasn't taken any interest in racing since then. As I said, they didn't play up the fact that the Corrado was a National Championship car, or that VW cars would good race cars. They haven't played that in almost 20 years. And FV? Please. While I'm not an aircooled guy, I would guess that most of the FV stuff is supplied through the aftermarket.

And back to the 1.7's being moved to ITC. Do you really think those cars belonged in ITB? Do you really think a 1.7 Rabbit @ 2000# is a match of an A2 GTI @ 2280#, must less a Volvo 142E?

I'm not so sure that the NB belongs in ITC, but to say that VWoA is pulling strings or calling in favors to get it there, makes the black helicopter crowd look sane.

Andy,

Since Darin doesn't seem to be around, can you run those numbers for me?

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608