Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the ruling on this?

Andy your correct the 90 Probe (1st gen) is not classified yet. I have the paper work and I am creating the car to send all the information to SCCA. I want to get this beast to the limits of weight reduction so that I may send that information in with my car information for classification.

Any ruling on the Rear Brakes.. I run good with drums just fine, but my B/f wants me to convert over is the rules allow it.

The car shown in the link of my signature is not the same car that I have today. But it looks kinda similar. Same body style but I have a slew of graphics on it. And my current car is a 5-speed and I have taken it to california speedway for test of its capabilities. I ran a 2:17 best time.

------------------
    Toodles,
    Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB 1990PGL SCCA STSL "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club T&S, BWRP,WS,Lag,Hallett www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.

[This message has been edited by Racy-Stacey (edited September 22, 2004).]

Stachy, what is a b/f?

If a model of the car on your line (same engine, etc) has discs you can use them.

So if they were only on turbo's, then no.

Since there is no listing in the ITCS for this car, there can't be another car on the spec line - so no go on the brakes.

FYI: It doesn't matter how low you can get in terms of weight - it isn't a quantification we would use to determine a minimum weight for the car (unless the car was a serious tweener like the overly-debated New Beetle) and this one looks to fit nicely into ITB.

APR67 - Guessing b/f means boyfirend...

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
    New England Region R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Yup B/f stands for Boyfriend.. I kept telling him its not going to fly, from reading the rules.. But ya know how guys are.. stretch the hell out of the rules til ya get caught... ok i'm generalizing..

I dont think I can do more to lightening the car beyond, what I said before. I guess its just going to be who is the better driver with the best techniques in the end.