Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: passing under double yellow

zracer22 Guest

Originally posted by grjones1:
    [B]Zracer22,
    Wow. I'm really impressed with your ability to read minds. B]
    I'm not reading minds, just the rules!

[B] And where in this whole discussion did anyone say you aren't supposed to "slow for a yellow"??!!! Please read before you comment.B]
    Maybe you should read my post and you will see that I was talking about things said at the track.

[B]
    And the "big hurry" is about losing 200-300 yards on the lead pack. B]
    You fell that far behind before the yellow, you'll just fall that far behind again. If your not capable of making up 200-300 yards on the pack under a full course yellow, you won't be able to hang with them at race speed.

[B] Yes we want to be as safe as possible, but if you are not in this sport to race and to simply be safe, I suggest you play golf.B]
    Who's reading minds now?

[B] But be sure to duck when someone yells "four" or waves a yellow flag.
    GRJ
    B]
    I do cover when someone yells "four", and I also acknowledge a yellow by doing what the rules say!

BTW, Do you always resort to personal attacks when you can't win a debate?

[quote]Originally posted by zracer22[quote]

[This message has been edited by grjones1 (edited July 27, 2004).]

[quote]Originally posted by grjones1:
    [quote]Originally posted by zracer22

[quote]Originally posted by grjones1:
    [quote]Originally posted by zracer22

GRJ--- This whole thing could be fixed if SCCA would authorize a driver initiated signal that a driver could use to warn of yellow flags if a certain driver didnt think the guy behind is seeing the flag.. I think the incar rapid waving of a arm/hand could be the yellow flag warning and an arm outside of the car waiving is a mechanical breakdown signal and ok to pass. the raised closed fist signal would be;"I am pitting"-- which would mean you couldnt pass him until he started for the pits.

Seems it would be an easy change and clarify this whole thing.

four27,
    I appreciate your thoughts, but I think we've got enough superfluous signaling going on out there as is without trying to codify it. And I really don't think arms ouside the car are ever a good idea. You keep trying though, someone needs to straighten something out, God knows I haven't been much help in 20 years.
    Regards,
    G. Robert

Originally posted by zracer22:
    But to say "while the SLOW DOWN part can sometimes be waived." it flat out wrong.
    I'm sorry, ZRacer22, I didn't make myself clear. I don't mean you shouldn't slow down at all. I mean you don't have to slow down to 10 mph.

------------------
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing

Originally posted by four27:
    GRJ--- This whole thing could be fixed if SCCA would authorize a driver initiated signal that a driver could use to warn of yellow flags if a certain driver didnt think the guy behind is seeing the flag..
    I don't think that there is any need for this or that it is a good idea at all. I don't want to have to pay attention to the corner stations, what is going on inside my car, my line/driving, the cars around me AND also have to worry about what other drivers are doing inside their cars. We already have a procedure for warning drivers: Corner workers and flags. I don't want to have to think that I need to see if the guy behind me saw the yellow flag otherwise I need to signal him or he might protest me for not signaling him or something.

------------------
    Ony Anglade
    ITA Miata
    Sugar Hill, GA

Originally posted by oanglade:
    I don't think that there is any need for this or that it is a good idea at all. I don't want to have to pay attention to the corner stations, what is going on inside my car, my line/driving, the cars around me AND also have to worry about what other drivers are doing inside their cars. We already have a procedure for warning drivers: Corner workers and flags. I don't want to have to think that I need to see if the guy behind me saw the yellow flag otherwise I need to signal him or he might protest me for not signaling him or something.

Wow.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
    Running from beatings, deflating.
    I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
    Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.