Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: The new ITA class

500 posts............... this has got to be a forum record, now what were we talking about? oh yea,

Guys this is about to get interesting, most of us wanted a change, some didnt, Kirk said "be careful what you wish for", well the genie is out of the bottle. the proposed new classifications into ITA,
    http://www.scca.org/news/tech/fastrack/04-...05-fastrack.pdf

in my opinion are going to create some new overdogs out of the box but with weight adjustments I think ITA will be a better place eventually. anyone ready to build a Z3 at $30,000 out of the gate?

Post padder!!!!

LOL

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

I too was going to call the wild man Daryl on that, but I figured he DID start it, so what the heck...

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Because D. got docked four posts for his malicious post-whoring...

...THIS is the TRUE 500th post.

K

EDIT - this calls for the dancing rules NERD

[This message has been edited by Knestis (edited May 23, 2004).]

Look at the nerd dance!!! Look at him!!

Kirk, how was the hillclimb? I thought about running it but it was my only non track weekend this month so skipped it. Was it fun?

My on topic comment: anyone who thinks a Z3 is going to be competitive in ITA -- have you driven one???? Sloppy rear suspension (trailing arms). Anemic four cylinder that the tuners say you can't get much power out of without a supercharger. Seriously.

I don't think even Bimmerworld can make this dog hunt. CRXs and 240zs, and now the NX2000s ans SE-rs and Neon should eat it up.

Since we've talked about everything else in this thread...

The Blue Ridge hillclimb was GREAT, as was the RallyCross that I did this past Saturday. Any IT driver should try one of these different, low-key events to be reminded of why we race cars.

Pics and coverage at www.it2.evaluand.com/gti if you are interested...

K

So I read this thread from beginning to end, and wow... it's 2:33am!!! Anyway, I can see moving underdogs down a class, and truth be told, the bottom of ITC is a self-cleansing deal, since the cars just go away on their own over time.

That said, has anyone considered moving the Mustang to ITC from B ? I know we've got 2.3 Liters, but at 110Hp stock and 2640 min weight on a 6" tire (which most cars are hard pressed to reach, and Lord knows I've tried) wouldn't it be one of the "underdogs" we're talking about? I routinely dice it up with the front running ITC cars, and have a lot of fun. It would be even more fun if I was racing them for PIC, rather than overall. The cars were once fast in ITB, but the march of other marquees and time has relegated the fast Mustangs to still being a minimum of ~2 seconds or more per lap slower than the front-running ITB cars. And in a 30 minute sprint on a 2 mile track, that's normally over a lap difference.

Just another data point to fuel the never-ending ITA thread fire....

------------------
    -Marcello Canitano
    www.SilverHorseRacing.com

Rassun frassum dad gummed vermits, doc me four post's willya. rallycross, I have a 89 nissan 240 sx that would be perfect for that, wasted qtr panel already, sounds like fun.

Originally posted by JeffYoung:
    My on topic comment: anyone who thinks a Z3 is going to be competitive in ITA -- have you driven one???? Sloppy rear suspension (trailing arms). Anemic four cylinder that the tuners say you can't get much power out of without a supercharger. Seriously.

I don't think even Bimmerworld can make this dog hunt. CRXs and 240zs, and now the NX2000s ans SE-rs and Neon should eat it up.

well... I'm giving it a shot. There are some nice available SSB cars out there, and they were allowed a pretty good shock package in Showroom Stock trim. SSB Z3 lap times weren't too far off my old (mid-pack) ITA pace - at least at NHIS - so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to get back in the hunt with the car. I'll know for sure in July when I debut the car (assuming all my other parts arrive in time). From a stock-horsepower-to-race-weight viewpoint, it's not that bad. Just wish I could lop off another 200 pounds (but don't we all ) and use vented front rotors.

-noam
    #18 ITA (same number, new car)

[This message has been edited by nlevine (edited May 25, 2004).]

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">this calls for the dancing rules NERD </font>
    Looks like the dancing rules NERD has to pee.

-dave
    8)

to be continued

[This message has been edited by emwavey (edited May 26, 2004).]