Some assumptions were made with the Z3 concerning it's output potential and it's stated factory HP... Also, some experts were consulted. Additionally, a little weight was added because of the excellent transmission ratios (1:1 5th!!), excellent brakes, well balanced handling, factory 16" wheels size, etc.... It's classified about 145lbs more than the 240SX, and about 195lbs more than the Acura... Does that seem unreasonable??? Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Further, the experts we've consulted agree with the weight, and also suggested that the car would likely have difficulty making that weight, as it's a pretty heavy car to start with...

All in all, I think you'll find that it was very fairly classified.
This is why I am sure I should give up on my Cosworth Vega ITA project altogether. With a weight of 2680 and a factory rating of 110 hp, I would never, ever be able to finish a race without being lapped again and again. Now the Neons are 138 hp and 2450 too? Even in race trim I could only pull maybe 134 hp out of the CV 2.0 at 7500rpm. Plus I am stuck between no alt carbs and 30 year old f/i.

I wonder why the Mazda Protege is only classed to '98? shouldn't the 2000 be legal for next year (2005) and the 2001 in 2006?

Britt

------------------
12 weeks till graduation!

Vintage IMSA Cosworth Vega