Jake,

I think you have some good ideas. Ones that will help the Rx7's but not make huge gains--like a street port would.

The additional alternate carb deal concerns me. I think it might hurt more than help. The Rx7 already has an advantage over most other carbed cars in that its' stock carb is capable of flowing more than the alternate carbs. The current alternate carbs are not an upgrade. If a 48IDA (for example) is added to the list, how much will some of the other cars benefit from the change? Or are you suggesting an alternate carb for the rx7 only?

Chamfering the rotor housing/rotor interface (as I am interpreting it) is not quite like a valve job. I know you said sort of--but I disagree.

The port shape, size and location control the "cam timing"--when the "valve" opens, closes and therefore duration. It also is "valve size"--how wide open it is. "Cam Profile"--how fast it opens and closes. Doesn't changing the shape of the rotor effect one or more of the above? How does a valve job do the same?

And lastly, I have got to disagree with the weight break you suggest--its not enough to run with the Hondas.

------------------
Daryl DeArman
I Love RX7's...they taste like chicken :P