Originally posted by Banzai240:
Actually, NO, the E36 does NOT look good on paper... Based on what is already in the class, my paper shows it about 100-150lbs too light. This is based both on speculative, as well as "real" output numbers...
Then if the E36 did not look good on paper how in the _ did it get classified with the specs it did....the same way the Z4 got it's in SS?
You here have said that the Z3 looks too heavy, are we trying not to have another E36 type mistake.

I agree with you 100% on "mechanism in place to correct for errors in judgement, miscalculations, or just plain missing the mark", But moving cars to another class that are no longer at the top of their game is not doing that. If you can't make them any lighter and no one wants car specific CA's the only other option is to let them slowly fade away.

"However, I still believe that there are ways to integrate the two..."

I am not so sure without car specific CA's. or re-making all the IT classes. The 7 has given just about all it can give, you are going to have give it a bone if you want to have it run up top again...in ITA that is.