Originally posted by Eric R287:
Thanks, but unfortunately I don't even know for sure if this is going to fly when the car is tech inspected. I wonder if anyone has been able to replace their ECU with aftermarket equipment while completely satisfying the rules.
Tech inspectors are not going to look at your car for anything other than safety issues unless someone protests you.

Your car will be illegal.

17.1.4.D.1.a.6:

"Fuel injected cars may alter or replace the engine management computer, or ECU, provided that all modifications are done within the original OEM ECU housing. Only the stock (unmodified) OEM ECU connection to the wiring harness may be used. The allowance to modify the ECU in no way permits the addition of wiring, sensors, or piggybacked computers outside of the OEM ECU housing. The stock (unmodified) wiring harness must be used. Adjustable fuel pressure regulators are permitted."

Unless you were able to fit the stock MAP sensor in the ECU, I don't see how you can get around the fact you are not allowed to add sensors. Also, I don't see how you can get a vacuum line into the ECU housing w/o modifying it.

I wish tech inspections looked for cheating.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com