Thread: Overall Rules

Default Overall Rules

Hey, Im thinking about entering into IT racing. Ive been looking around to find build rules pertainent to either ITa and/ or B but I cant find anything. So that brings me to my question: Where can I find the build rules? Thanks

Originally posted by Viggen:
    Hey, Im thinking about entering into IT racing. Ive been looking around to find build rules pertainent to either ITa and/ or B but I cant find anything. So that brings me to my question: Where can I find the build rules? Thanks
    Welcome, that would be the GCR. The 2004 version is now available, but if you need to look at an older one, let me know.

racer_tim(at)yahoo(dot)com

------------------
    Tim Linerud
    San Francisco Region SCCA
    #95 GP Wabbit (Bent)
    http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

...more specifically, available from the SCCA. Take a look at www.scca.org for contact and ordering information.

Kirk

I havent joined the SCCA and was thinking about starting a build. Do I have to be a member to purchace a GCR? Right now I am just trying to see what it would take

If you look at the link Kirk posted it will show the member & non-member cost for a GCR.
    GCR means General Competition Rules & within the GCR will be all the rules for all the different SCCA cars.

Have Fun
    David

Basically, to be legal you need safety equipment: 6-point cage, race seat+harness, window net, fire extinguisher, kill switch, and your safety clothing.

Beyond that, you are allowed to gut the interior, make some mods to the suspension, intake, exhaust and very limited performance mods to the engine.

I've laid out my mods to my ITA car when I built it on my site: www.racerjake.com
    Before you buy anything, get a GCR, but you can ask generalities here.

2 tips: 1. It's usually cheaper to buy than to build. 2. If you are going to build, find people who have built that car already to see what they did. (learn from the mistakes of others!)