Thread: Harness Dates

Default Harness Dates

Humor me and someone please tell me what month it was that the Fastrack has the rule change about harnesses. I know I read it, beleive it is now every two years they have to be replaced, but looked through a lot of them and can't find the reference.

thanks
    Matt

sorry i don't have the month, but clever wording of the rule means the belts are good for three seasons. effectively the belts expire 12/31 on the second full year after the date stamp. ie belts dated feb 02 are good untill dec 31 04
    dick

The rule is covered again in the January FasTrack, published now.

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

The loophole is if you buy regular SFI belts in January, then you can run them until Dec 31st of the 2nd year after their date which equals 3 years.

The other alternative is to run FIA rated belts which are good for 5 years.

I just purchased belts and the manufacturer tagged them "January, 2004" models knowing that they won't go into actual service until 2004.

Joeg:

Where did you get your belts? I am in the same boat; meaning that I need to get new belts as well.

What brand did you end up going with?

------------------
    JJ
    #62 ITC

Matt

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Humor me and someone please tell me what month it was that the Fastrack has the rule change about harnesses. I know I read it, beleive it is now every two years they have to be replaced, but looked through a lot of them and can't find the reference.</font>
    GCR 20.8 was changed by the BoD in the August meeting and is effective on 1/1/04. The minutes of this meeting appeared in October FasTrack. The rule was discussed and clarified by the Comp Board in Racing Memo 04-01 which appears in the January FasTrack.

Hope this helps.

Terry