Originally posted by Harry:
The "G" cam represented a change from 0.405 lift to 0.423 & the duration went fron 225 degrees to 283 degrees.

The "G" Cam would still have more lift and duration.

The data below if correct does show that the ITC VW's benefited by a 0.018" lift increase and 58 degrees duration improvement.

http://www.autotech.com/cam_vt.htm

The following data is listed on Autotech site. As to it's accuracy I am only assuming it is correct.

8 VALVE CAMSHAFTS

Solid Lifter Camshafts

From 1975 to the middle of 1980, the specs of the original cam were 0.405 inches lift with 225 degrees duration at .050" check clearance. On later cars, including the Rabbit GTi and Jetta GLi models, the cams were made more docile for pollution control and had a lift of only 0.387 inches, with slightly less duration than earlier.

European GTI Camshaft
What we consider to be the best all-around street cam for solid lifter engines. Originally used on the European Golf 1 GTi, this cam is called the European "G" cam (is also sometimes called the "N" cam) featuring a 0.423" lift and a duration of 283 degrees (225 degrees at 0.050" check clearance). Power gains are seen from 2000 up to 6500 rpm, netting an 8 to 10 horsepower gain. SportTuned valve springs are not required, but are highly recommended for the best top-end performance.
Lifetime warranty from Autotech.

European GTi Camshaft 10.109.423 $119.95

I did however request that if approved I wanted it listed on the spec line.

I do feel that I should refrain from any additional comments.
I have added my email address if anyone wishes to contact me directly.
Regards,
Harry

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited October 24, 2003).]
In your post you state that the g-cam has 58 degrees more duration. If you actually read the information that you posted you would know that both cams have the same duration (225 @ .050 lift). So the G's only additional benefit is .018" lift. Based on the CORRECT information from the other part of your post the 510 cam is probably very similar and should be allowed. In the future, though, please be sure of your accuracy when you post because it can be confusing.

------------------
Nico
KCRaceware (816) 257-7305
[email protected]