Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PCA Responses... or LACK THEREOF!!!

Default PCA Responses... or LACK THEREOF!!!

OK Guys and Gals... ONLY 16 letters so far??? If you guys want to get things done, you're going to have to do better than that! AND, I don't recognize MOST of the names on these, meaning that they aren't from YOU!!

Get off your BUTTS and start writing! I don't care which way you are leaning, TELL US! If you have an alternative... TELL US! If you'd rather see another class added and some reclassifications or general redistribution of the IT cars... TELL US! If you want the class left completely alone... TELL US...

It doesn't take a huge letter... A simple paragraph or two is fine, and I (we) can read around poor grammer, bad spelling, or lousy sentance structure, so there is no excuse for the lack of input received so far... This has been out there over a month... GET TYPING!!

Your Friendly neighborhood ITAC member...

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
    Auburn, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

[This message has been edited by Banzai240 (edited October 13, 2003).]

...and remember, when something is published for member comment, assume the CB is looking to implement. So no response is at worst considered a nuetral response, no?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Letter to whom? About what? Do I have to be a current member? What's the PCA? Porsche Club of America?

Britt

Soon to be SSC Mazda MP3

------------------
    The Cosworth Vega - One Vega for the price of two

[This message has been edited by 122 Vega (edited October 10, 2003).]

PCA ????? Potental competition adjustment????
    Political competition adjustment ?????????

It's all about communication.

What is PCA ???????????????????????????????

David

Does ANYBODY read FasTrack? Communication? It's been in black and white for months.

"Performance Compensation Adjustment"

September FasTrack p. F226

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited October 10, 2003).]

Is an email to the CB as good as a letter?

OK... ONCE AGAIN... for those of you who are suffering from A.D.D. :

From the September Fastrack: Improved Touring

The Competition Board working in conjunction with the IT Advisory Committee has reviewed the numerous membership input items regarding the concept of allowing competition adjustments in IT.

The input so far received from the membership is almost evenly divided on whether there should be some form of competition adjustments for IT. There have been thoughtful presentations on both sides of the discussion. The IT Advisory Committee has developed a "middle of the road" concept that the Competition Board would like member input on. If this concept is well received by the IT competitors, the Competition Board would recommend an effective date of 1/1/05.

The final paragraph of the 2003 ITCS's section 17.1.4.C now reads:
    The SCCA shall specify the minimum weight for each classified car as qualified or raced, with driver.

The proposal would append the following paragraphs to the end of section 17.1.4.C:
    During the initial vehicle classification process, the Club shall assess vehicle performance factors such as-but not limited to manufacturer's published specifications for engine type, displacement, horsepower, and torque; vehicle weight; brake type and size; suspension design; and aerodynamic efficiency. Based on such factors, a minimum allowable weight shall be estab-lished. At the end of the second, third, and fourth years of classification, the vehicle's racing performance relative to other vehicles in its class shall be evaluated. If the Club deems that, in the interest of fostering greater equity within a class, a vehicle should be reclassified to another Improved Touring class, such a reclassification shall be made. Alternatively or additionally, if the Club deems that an upward or down-ward revision in the minimum allowable weight is warranted, such a "performance compensation adjustment" shall be made. Any performance compensation adjust-ments made after the second and third years of classification shall be provisional. At the end of a vehicle's fourth year of Improved Touring classification, an assessment of class equity shall be made and the vehicle's minimum weight shall be
    established.

On rare occasion-and only after careful review of the actual racing performance of a particular make/model/year of vehicle-the Club may reclassify a vehicle, revise a vehicle's minimum allowable weight, and/or in the most extreme situation an intake restrictor may be required. Such an action shall be taken solely for the purpose of restoring equity within the vehicle's class.
    ------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    Auburn, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

I (foolishly?) assumed that specific feedback already submitted would still be considered. I tried to be as specific as possible rather than just saying "aye" or "nay" to "competition adjustments" for this very reason.

Is this a case where we are now being asked to voice either support or condemnation of the precise wording of the FasTrack item? Or is a more nuanced response useful?

I want to do whatever will actually have the most influence on the outcome.

Kirk

The "specific feedback" already received is on the blanket idea of "competition adjustments" in IT... As stated, that's about 50/50... Now, you are being asked to consider a specific idea, or "concept" if you will...

Originally posted by Knestis:

Kirk
    <font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...concept that the Competition Board would like member input on.</font>
    Write your "input" on the "concept" as proposed...

Personally, I would like to see any suggested improvements you (all of you) may have as well...

Even if it's a simple "yay" or "nay"... WRITE!

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    Auburn, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

Darin,

After reading that again, I couldn't help but laugh at how the people that wrote it couldn't bring themselves to say the word 'competition'. And it's a good think that the A3 Golf got moved to ITB before this thing is implemented (if it ever is), because it would mean that someone would have actually had to race one of these cars before it would have gotten moved from ITA to ITB.

I hashed over what I thought about this proposal when it was first discussed here, I'm not about to do it again.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

Can you take my previous letter and just move it to the new pile? I haven't changed my opinions and still have the same concerns. Reframing the conversation from "competition adjustment" to "PCA" doesn't change anything.

I'm not being facetious.

K

As this PCA is written, what impact will it have on an existing classed IT class overdog?

David Dewhurst
    SCCA member # 250772

ps: When I read this PCA in FASTRACK I understood the PCA to impact only new classed cars after the PCA is in place.

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited October 10, 2003).]

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    As this PCA written, what impact will it have on an existing classed IT class overdog?

David Dewhurst
    SCCA member # 250772

David, the way I read it, nothing for at least 2 years.

------------------
    SCCA 279608

Kidnapping and ebola threats are definitely not cool.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

I haven't changed my opinions and ...
    Wow - there's a surprise!

Originally posted by Bill Miller:
    Darin,

After reading that again, I couldn't help but laugh at how the people that wrote it couldn't bring themselves to say the word 'competition'.
    The "people" that wrote this knew exactly what they were calling it...

We've explained all this before, and I'm not going to go over it again for you...

To try to answer David's question, and to correct Bill's mis-information... Any car that proves, is shown, or is otherwise considered to be an "overdog" in the class, whether newly classified or not, is a candidate to have it's classification adjusted, or "compensated" for... I believe you'll find that in the "on rare occasion" part of the text...

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    Auburn, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

Darin, thanks for the info. Now lets add some balls to the newly proposed written rule.

If the first paragraph is aimed at only newly classed cars state that in the first paragraph.

If the second paragraph is for existing classed cars & or newly classed cars state that in the second paragraph.

Now that the paper work is complete I shall get in the truck & enjoy the weekend at Blackhawk Farm Raceway. The race car is loaded.

Have Fun
    David

Darin,

Exactly what mis-information am I giving? Who's trying to pick a fight w/ whom?

------------------
    SCCA 279608

Originally posted by Jake:
    Is an email to the CB as good as a letter?
    YES!!!

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    Auburn, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

Originally posted by Bill Miller:

David, the way I read it, nothing for at least 2 years.
    Bill.... THIS misinformation...

Not trying to pick a fight... just trying to keep the facts straight...

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    Auburn, WA
    ITS '97 240SX