Originally posted by Banzai240:
You guys have a way of making racing more of a hassle than it's worth, and at times I wonder why I even try...

Well, Darin, I read a post a few lines up that was demanding an answer from you, and it got me steamed, and I nearly jumped on it and posted, but caught myself. Decided to leave the wadded panties alone, so to speak.

I appreciate your response, it was worth the (short) wait, and I suspected it would be. A very intesting "look behind the curtain", and I thank you.

Your above quoted comment strikes a resonant chord with me, and I hope others reading this thread will take it seriously, and give respect where it is due. The ITAC guys have been kind enough to trust us enough to post here in a semi-official form, and we owe it to them to respect that. I know that the position comes with the reality that there will be critism, but I would prefer it was constructive. From what I can remember, this is a new level of communication, and it involves trust. If we abuse it, it will go away.

As a comment, I found the writers desire to distinguish (for his obvious personal agenda, naturally) between a correction and an adjustment to be interesting, because, really, ist't the whole weight setting procedure the first competition adjustment a car sees anyway??

In other words, on a macro scale, isn't the function of "classing" a new model basically choosing which of the four clesses it will fall closest to, then adjusting the weight to balance it's other natural parameters to provide the closest match to the "ideal" class car? I understand the distinction the guy was referring to, but in the end it's all a bit arbitrary.

Again, thanks for the insight, and I hope we as a group can show the decorum that is appropriate.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]