Originally posted by Harry:
George, Why wouldn't you just unplug the wiring from the radio in lieu of cutting it.
I would and did. If you reread what I wrote, it was in reference to a theft recovery and the potential of someone protesting the radio connector being cut off. Let's be real OK?

It's much more dangerous to have a bunch of wires cut off than unpluged.
I would expect a reasonable person to cap such wires, but I suppose it's not safe to assume most people are reasonable. But I agree, cut wires hanging loose is unsafe. Again, please go back and reread what I wrote in the context in which it was written.

When IT began they drew a line in the sand that said 1968 and up. That's the way it should stay because I have no intention of being a party to eliminating any car built for IT by moving the date up.
I haven't heard anyone say anything about moving this date up. I certainly would be against it. What I am opposed to is rewriting rules just because it's harder for older cars to find parts. Sorry. For me that doesn't fly.

George, You don't belong on the ITAC if you feel exception here & there should be overlooked.
Please be more specific. If you're concerned about my reference to the radio connector being missing, I think you're a bit over the top. If it's in reference to something else, you'll have to be specific.

You should stand to enforce the rules as written or make suggestions to the balance of the board the the rule should be rewritten.
I don't think there is anyone who could say I've done anything but this.

I highly reccomend that ITAC find out just who seems to have the final word on the Bomp Board about IT. Because what I here is that all they want to do is keep things the way HE wants it since it's his baby.
I'm not aware there is a single person on the CB with personal final word on IT. I think you're making assumptions.

This sit back and wait and see over 4 to 5 years is BS. Changes need to happen now to bring about any parity in IT.
Thank you for your input.

I could start in on you George and have you wanting to kill me behind the woodshead.
I think you have started in on me. That's fine. You're not the first. You won't be the last. I accept that I will get some criticism because I do post publicly and also post my personal opinion.

I started racing IT when it first started. Never in my wildest dreams did I every think a 944 would be consider a low cost car.
I'm not sure where that came from. But, I'll bet my 84 944 will be cheaper to build than most ITS cars. Sure, I could throw money at it in a big way and spend 2-3x as much, but it's not necessary.

My car cost $1,990 new. No matter.
I assume your point is that IT cars are becoming more expensive. That's true. It concerns me as well. But I have to ask.... Have you bought a new road car in the last 30 years? They've become a lot more expensive too. Unless you want to require IT cars to be at least say 25 years old, no IT car is going to have been as cheap as yours to buy.

Someone on the Comp Board wants to try to keep IT low cost and at the same time does give a damn about the older cars.
Yes, like the low cost E36 at $50k?

They've already went too far in some areas that they cannot police.
I don't think there is anything anyone can do about the ECU issue. And once you start allowing modifications, the price really starts to climb. If you're talking about the ECU, there's not much anyone can do. If you're talking about something else, you'll have to be less general.

So from what I hear you say I don't think your in favor of competition adjustments. True or false? Where exact does George stand?
Apparently you haven't been paying close attention. I've never hid my feelings on the subject. But, for the sake of clarity (and since I'm being called out)....

I was initially against comp adjustments. I feel if nothing else that there is too much disparity in drivers and prep in IT to be able to make reasonable adjustments.

Then Jake (lateapex911) suggested very limited adjustments to weight only. I like the idea in concept, but wasn't sure that box should be opened and I wasn't sure it could be done right.

Then, during one discussion, I came to believe that the rash of spec categories that are proliferating are in many ways a result of the dissatisfaction with parity within IT. I changed my position (and posted it here) that any harm from some sort of limited adjustments would be far less than the harm of people leaving IT for spec series. And that is where I stand today. I support the ITAC's "Performance Compensation Adjustment" proposal.

We do know that he's ready to take my ass out behind the woodshead over the radio wires. HA HA HA (laughing)
If you protested someone because their radio connector was missing (but the wires still there), I think I would have to stand in line. That would be an awfully petty protest, don't you think?

Please know.... I know you are trying to do a very difficult task on the ITAC and I respect you for all your dedication and hard work. Keep up the fight.
Thanks. I will.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

[This message has been edited by Geo (edited October 01, 2003).]