Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
It seems to me that doing a repair on a floorboard would need more than just putting in some small tin to replace it.
The ITCS allows you to repair the damage to return it to "as new" or "as factory repaired" condition, using factory approved methods and suitible replacement parts... I don't see this as being much of an issue, as the means are in place to correct the problem...

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">I think there is a reason that all (rally cars and speed challenge cars and well the list goes on and on) have the cages spot welded in as many areas as possible. Yes I agree that some of it probably is for stiffness but lets face it how much better as far as a compeditive advantage in an IT car is it over the cages that are built for IT???</font>
Try this sometime... Put your car on the scales and measure the corner weights... Then, make a spring adjustment up or down a couple of turns and remeasure the corner weights... If you turned it more than 1-turn with little effect on the corner weights, then you can bet that LACK of rigidity is a performance problem for your car... Chassis rigidity is a MAJOR peformance issue... Beyond the basic safety rules... not much is done to a Speed Touring or GT car that doesn't involve making it more competitive...

Again, with the cage rules as they are, I don't see an issue with buiding an extremely safe cage... and with the chassis rules as they stand, there shouldn't be a problem with repairing rust spots/holes either...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Auburn, WA
ITS '97 240SX