Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tires!

I too have noticed that the S04 wears a bit funny. I get a feather edge across each groove. I have tried different set ups, but it always looks the same. Because I run 225's on a 6" wheel I get a bit more edge wear, but I expect it. It does not seem to affect the life of the tire or the handling, I picked up a second at my home track when I first ran the S04's

We have been getting fairly even wear on the '04s, running similar camber settings to those that worked on the '03s. There is some feathering in the grooves, but I attribute that to the fairly wide grooves that allow rubber to collect there.

As for the 04's going away in 4-6 heat cycles, that is sure not happening with ours. My car is an ITS 240Z that is always a little on the loose side, but the tires are quite consistent. I have rarely had grip problems when others were not experienceing the same issue.

What are your hot pressures? We try to come in with the tires at 42 psi hot, and I have found anywhere between 40 and 44 psi to work well.

------------------
    Wayne Burstein
    WDC Region, ITS #10, Datsun 240Z
    www.mountainmotorsports.net

I shoot for 48-50 psi hot, works good.

40-45 hot. i start at 33 or 32 front cold and 35 34 rear

I know someone on here mentioned running RA-1's unshaved, even in the dry. I searched but couldnt find it.
    Is this true? Everything I've ever read or heard advises against this with a race tire in the dry.
    Is it something specific to Toyo's?
    Also, I put some Traction V treatment on my old kumho's this week in preparation for VIR, but now will not be able to attend the race. My next race will be in a month. Should I reapply a few days before that race?
    thx