Thread: Where to get ear bud speaker

Default Where to get ear bud speaker

I just had custom ear plugs made for my radio ssytem. I was going to install the small speaker from my foam ear plugs in to the custom molded ear plugs. I would like to keep the foam ones as backup and just build a new set. So, does anyone know where to get the little box with the hole in the end that makes sound??

Thanks,

Michael

Are you talking about the transducer that is inside the foam piece? If so you may have to cannibalize them from a set. You can check with either Racing Electronics (my supplier) or one of the other Pro radio dealers. ANother option might be a hearing aid shop. I have both the foam set and the molds. RE told me that they can use either set to build new molds/buds.

------------------
    Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
    '89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
    '99 Prelude=a sweet song-FOR SALE
    '03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

If you go with a company that does not do racing communications as a business. Just make sure that you have a 3.5mm Mono Style plug installed and not a stereo.

Good luck-

Shawn Sampson is too good of a guy to plug his own company (except for his username) so I'll do it for you. CALL SHAWN SAMPSON AT SAMPSONRACING. I've been dealing with Shawn for years and have been very pleased.

Go to Radio Shack and get some Jabra ear molds. Then get the cheapest set of "walkman" ear buds you can find.

Take the foam off the earbud and the little bugger fits right into the Jabra mold.

Instead of $100 ear mold speakers you've now just made yourself a set for $20.

------------------
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment