Not sure what to do then. If I mill the head, which will happen if I have to tear this POS down, then, according to my calulcations, the positions I can put this thing back in will not yield a stock timing. They are not infinitely adjustable, just fit into slots on the back of the gear. The closest, after milling I think, would be about 3 degrees advanced or somewhat the same retarded. The belt is toothed, the gear is toothed too to the cam. But, I need to think on it some, seems I should be able to make it work right.

And, it begs another question. I have one set of good cams. I need another set for a motor I got off Ebay to build as a spare, but it has no cams. JH is out of business and the only cams available, if you call Lotus the company that made the engines, are different than what was offered in 1974. So, what does one do here? I've heard of a similar situation with VW Rabbits that run a different grind cam than what was made back in the day, since what was made back then is no loger available.

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
BMW E36 M3
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited September 19, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited September 19, 2004).]