<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...GCR says that we MAY use an offset key...this opens the door to out of FSM cam timing...</font>
Hmmmmmm.....huh...mmmm.....you know, you might have me convinced with this line of logic...on one condition:

*IF* we accept that this opens the door to out-of-FSM cam timing, is this out-of-specness limited to only one direction to o to only shaved heads? IOW, if "out of FSM" cam timing is allowed as per your argument (let's say, with a .0000001 shaving), can I then optimize my cam timing to where I want it, plus *or* minus? Further, since cam timing is now open, can I use offset keys to *only* put the cam into FSM specs or can I use them to optimize my power band?

If not, why not?

If you suggest that *if* I use offset keys I can *only* change the cam timing to FSM spec timing, then I must defer back to my original position; to do otherwise would offer a different modification level to different cars and I do not believe this is the intent of the rule. If, however, "the door" to non-FSM cam timing is truly open as you say, then there's nothing stopping me from optimizing cam timing to my performance advantage.

(P.S. I do still believe that the intent of the rule is for camshafts to be timed to FSM specs, but I am willing to accept the logic of this truck-sized loophole in the spirit of Motec and spherical bearings, if applied evenly to all cars).

Thoughts?