Originally posted by lateapex911:
And.....Geo, I bet YOU a Shiner Bock that YOUR letter asking for cam timing clarification comes back as "Adjustable cam gears that were fitted as stock shall be set to factory specs"....AND that the rule book gets the word "may" changed to "shall" with the other explanatory language next year.
I'm in for a 6 pack that the CB's response will be the standard "rules are adequate as written" with no additional clarification of leglity/illegality.

My opinion here is that adjusting cam timing is perfectly legal. You may want to shave the head a bit though to support my side of the argument. (so use some 1000 grit wet dry and shave of .00000001 mm.

The GCR says that you are allowed to shave the head, we all agree on that. I believe we all agree as well that the GCR says that we MAY use an offset key to return cam timing to stock. I think also everyone is in agreement that we do not HAVE to use an offset key to return cam timing to stock.

This opens the door to out of FSM cam timing. so, since the GCR does not further define any limitations on that "out of stock" condition, I consider it free.