Originally posted by apr67:
Darin, I don't buy your interptation of the rule.

No where in the ITCS does it say you can change cam timing. Regardless of the fact that the rules are poorly written, we are bound by "if it doesn't say you can, you can't".

I'd like to see a protest to solve thisone.

Alan

Good think my opinion isn't for sale...

There may be nothing in the ITCS that says you can change cam timing, but it DOES say I'm required to run stock gears... If the timing changes as the result of using a completely stock gear, are you suggesting that is illegal?

I think not... I have completely stock gears, both on the intake and exhaust cam, and NO offset key, and my cam timing is NOT factory spec stock... We simply matched gears that were created, by the factory, at different ends of the machining tolerances...

All of this is for not, as there is no requirement for the ignition timing, valve clearances, cam timing, piston clearances, ring gaps, etc., etc, etc. to be factory spec... I'll go back and read through again with all of this in mind, but I just don't think it's there... so this is a silly arguement...

Again, if the car came with adjustable timing gears, then they can be adjusted, per the ITCS, which specifically allows adjustable gears that came stock on the vehicle...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX