OK, here is a weird one...

I'm having a problem with the brakes on my Saturn and I'm hoping you all can help. At my last race, coming into turn 8 at Road America (a left hand turn at the bottom of a hill), my brake pedal turned to mush and didn't really inspire confidence. The first time this happened, it really freaked me out, but by the end of Sunday, I just accepted it, braked earlier, and dealt with it. Pumping helped a little, but the pedal definitely had much more travel in this corner.

I also noticed this problem a little in turn 5 (another left at the bottom of a slight descent), but everywhere else on the track the brakes were rock solid and perfect.

Things I eliminated and why:

1) Pad fade- If it were this, pedal travel should be about the same, but I just wouldn't slow down. Plus, it was at the end of a fairly long section without brake use.

2) Air in brake lines- Should be consistent throughout use, but it may still be a possibility.

It seems as though it has something to do with coming downhill into the braking area, but I'm not certain what it could be. Any help will be appreciated!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com