Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: quick release steering wheel hubs

Aw, dang it. Seriously - Louis is a good guy and is VERY supportive of our game.

K

Originally posted by grega:
    Note that there are no provisions in the ITCS allowing welded-on steering wheel releases or modifications to the steering column in any way. In fact, I'd contend that doing so is contrary to the rules...
    I think that is a reach greg. the itcs allow steering wheel replacement with any wheel. i do not see how the method of mounting it would be limited.
    dick

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...do not see how the method of mounting it would be limited...</font>
    I'd say that welding on a "replacement" steering wheel is a stretch in and of itself. My opinion is that "replacement" of any component requires an identical method of attachment as the original, unless otherwise specified. If alternate methods of attachment for "replacement" parts is allowed, I've got some pretty cool ideas...the rules allow "replacement" of my exhaust manifold; does that mean I can weld it onto the head...?

IIDSYC...

<shrug>

Originally posted by Knestis:
    Aw, dang it. Seriously - Louis is a good guy and is VERY supportive of our game.
    Indeed. We may compete with him, but we have also bought from him. Louis is a good guy. We at NISsport wish him the best.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com