I Know you already decided. sooo this is informational for everyone..

I have run Hawk BLues and Blacks.. I run RX-7's.. and specifically.. Ran the blues on Sebring Long and Short on Track Days.. (Chin Motorsports) on a 86 RX-7 Sport EP prep.. and a 88 RX-7 T2 with healthy mods. BOTH cars had no brake ducting.. and I could go 10 10ths for over a hour long or short course without fade. I wore out before the Brakes faded.
Rotor wear was minimal and the pads lasted through prolly 6-7 Chin events for each car. Each event gives appx 6hours of track time.

Now.. I DID make a mistake on the 86 and DROVE the Car on the street for a week with the Blues on it.. And well... THe rotors were GONE in a week... I mean 80 percent life to vanes showing in TWO weeks. So YES.. They will DESTROY rotors unless at temp.

Hawk Blacks. I ran them on short course Sebring front and back.. in a ITA 85 RX-7 and they were kinda marginal while running.. had a healthy bit of fade.. Prolly 3/4 pedal travel.. Not soo good. minimal ducting. When On the cool down lap they went away... the fluid in the calipers boiled out and I had to overshoot the hair/safety-pin.
The rubber on the calipers caught fire when I stopped in the pits.. Soo I would say No to Blacks on the track.

Talked with the engineer for Mintex pads at SEMA this year.. and talked at length. They use smaller particles in the pad material.. so I am going to try a set on the 86 EP to see how they work. But I prefer the Blues myself.

Scott
SPiN Racing