I recently had my first outing at California Speedway. I must say I didnt know how much G-load I would feel on the high banking. This was also a shake down test for the ITB car I am building. I was surprised at the time I got for a car with a engine in it with 278,000 miles on it and the heater and air-conditioning still all present and working.

There were two places were I know I should be faster but not sure how to get there. The first one is the first left right combo coming off the banking on the back straight. I was in 3rd and found myself either staying in third or shifting down to 2nd at the transition from the left hander to the right hander.

The next place is the tricky decreasing radius turn I believe its turn 8 and 9. I come in hot in 4th hard braking to 3rd then roll about 30ft and while turning trailbrake and drop to 2nd or stay in 3rd if I can carry enough mommentum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My best time of the day was 2:17.850 kinda slow for ITB but i can still pull weight out and drop in a fresh motor. Its not bad for our first time out there, at least thats what I feel. I had a blast I had that special grin on my face for most of the day.

------------------
Toodles,
Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB 1990PGL SCCA STSL "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club T&S, BWRP,WS,Lag,Hallett www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.