Originally posted by lateapex911:

Great article Gregg! (We've always suspected you were the grand poobah at Issac! When you say, "I checked with the boss..." do you say that after you've taken a trip to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and said, "What'dya think...drop the price up until Dec 31st?", then replied to yourself, "Sure...let's see what happens"?? )
No matter, your company is one of the best in our field.

Jake,

LOL!! And thanks.

Close, but no cigar. I may have mentioned this in some posts last fall, when racers were trying to figure out where Isaac came from, but I'll repeat here to bring any newbies up to speed:

I spent five years in the aerospace industry in LA and then went with a medical start up about 15 years ago. We knew biomechanics well and began noticing racers getting killed from basilar skull fractures. As a lifelong racing fan I became curious, did some research and, with the help of some consultants, concluded that the Isaac product was doable. The decision was made to develop the product, but not within the medical company since the businesses were so different. Da Boss said, "Okay Baker, you're so high on this idea, you run Newco [generic name for new company]." A business plan was put together and we pulled the trigger on Isaac, LLC.

I have a lot of latitude so long as everything is going to plan. Major changes require that I get permission. I hate that part.

As long as I'm in the confessional, I should also lay to rest the rumor that I am a racer. Yes, I have been on a race track in a race car more than once (and not often enough), and friends who don't race think I'm a racer. But I've been around you guys (and pros) long enough to know that if you see me in your mirrors, you've probably just lapped me again. It has been suggested that the GCR should require any car I'm driving to be equipped with a horn, so I can warn the corner workers of my approach.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Also, what is PRI???</font>
A publication called "Performance Racing Industry," the same folks who put on the PRI show at Indy every year.

Gregg Baker
Grand Poobah
Isaac, LLC

[This message has been edited by gsbaker (edited April 08, 2003).]