Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steel braided hose assembly tips?

Darin,

If I had to make a new line between sessions I might as well load it in the trailer. But thanks for bringing that up, time to buy some assorted "push on" fittings, good hose clamps and spare hose just in case. All my oil lines are up and out of the way from off track excursions...but you never know.

[This message has been edited by Quickshoe (edited September 15, 2003).]

Originally posted by Quickshoe:
    Darin,

If I had to make a new line between sessions I might as well load it in the trailer. But thanks for bringing that up, time to buy some assorted "push on" fittings, good hose clamps and spare hose just in case. All my oil lines are up and out of the way from off track excursions...but you never know.

[This message has been edited by Quickshoe (edited September 15, 2003).]
    Guys,
    I'm certainly no smarter than you guys, but it seems to me that good quality industial hose with push-on fittings and hose clamps are the way to go anyway - lighter, easier and faster to install, and 1/10 the price. I 've been without SS for 10 years (except on fuel lines and of course commercially manufacured SS brake lines) and haven't blown a hose yet -just change them out before each new season.

Regards,
    G. Robert Jones
    ITC 22