Thread: Gorund control/Advance Design shocks?

Default Gorund control/Advance Design shocks?

Can anybody comment on the Ground Control struts & shocks? I am considering swapping out my tired Koni's for these.
    - adjustability?
    - reliability
    - price/value?

TIA

If you bought the Ground Control/Koni pacakge the sleeves should have been specially machined for the shocks. The C-clip is retained inside the sleeve with this version.
    Personall I would send the shocks to Koni NA in Hebron, Ky under their warranty program. Turn around is less than 1 week and the shocks are as good as new again.

Best shocks for the money, I've been using them since they first came out, Email me off this post I'll be glad to tell you more about them.

------------------
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

I'm a first time user this year and so far, I am very pleased. Although the range of adjustment isn't much, it's enough to make a difference. They remain consistant throughout a race unlike others that tend to get a little bouncy when the nitrogen heats up. Give RRacer [email protected] a call and he can give you technical details about these things. It is a good size chunk out of the wallet but so far, I think they are worth it.
    Ray

I have the GC set-up on my BMW club racer. I like them a bunch and they make a big car like mine handle very well. I did end up getting one bad shock as the nitrogen had leaked out. I know of at least 3 other people that this has happened to as well. I raced 4 races with essentially no shock on one rear side. I send it back and they fixed it pronto and returned it. This past weekend was the first weekend that I had all four working and it was a big improvement. The down side is I went off Hard at Summit point and went sideways through a ditch and bent a rear trailing arm and BROKE both rear shocks in two. I called GC and they said box up what I have and they will see if anything is salvageable. I would think that the shocks should last through picking up the car and dropping it 4'

Michael

I have A D shocks on my Street car. The handling is SICK and the ride is perfectly smooth! Its awesome! I highly recommend them!

hi michael!
    didn't realize that you were at the club race at summit, i would have stopped by. i was the guy in the yellow e30 325is. i paddocked next to kempton (m6). sorry to hear about your oce.

marshall

Marshall,

I was the one in the other 6 that gave Kempton and Al a run for thier money I was persuaded to go off track and ended up 6 laps down for the sprint and did not make the enduro on Sunday. I should be able to get it back together for VIR in Oct.

Michael