PDA

View Full Version : New STL Intake Manifold Rule?

1stGenBoy
12-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Anybody else notice in the January 2015 isuue of fastrack on page 46 the deletion of the stock intake manifold rule?

2. #15777 (Kyle Freiheit) STL Manifold Clarification
In section 9.1.4.2.B, remove section 2 and re-number:
“2. All cars shall use the installed engine’s stock air throttling device (e.g., throttle body, carburetor) and intake manifold, unless
noted otherwise.”

Greg Amy
12-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Anybody else notice in the January 2015 isuue of fastrack on page 46 the deletion of the stock intake manifold rule?

2. #15777 (Kyle Freiheit) STL Manifold Clarification
In section 9.1.4.2.B, remove section 2 and re-number:
“2. All cars shall use the installed engine’s stock air throttling device (e.g., throttle body, carburetor) and intake manifold, unless
noted otherwise.”

It's a clarification and caused some limited confusion. The base premise of ST is "if it doesn't say you can then you cannot" so this is redundant.

With IIDSYCTYC, you never regulate what you cannot do, only what you can.

1stGenBoy
12-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks Greg but I'm still confused... I have to run the stock Intake and T body that came with the car or any Intake and T body from the manufacture of the car? Ie: Honda/Acura in my case.

Greg Amy
12-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Progression of regs...

9.1.4.A, "Vehicle modifications are limited to those listed herein. Unless a particular
modification or part is approved in these rules, the vehicle and all of its
relevant parts and assemblies shall be stock for the correct make and
model of car."

In other words, unless it says you can, you cannot.

However, 9.1.4.G.e, "It is permitted to use the OEM intake and throttle body from
either the chassis or the installed engine."

Otherwise....stock required.

1stGenBoy
12-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Got it... Thanks Greg!