PDA

View Full Version : It would be nice

Ed Funk
09-27-2014, 08:50 PM
If the no talent sock tucker who started the pinball game at LRP today had the decency to step up and at least apologize to the MANY people who came away with badly damaged cars. I have my suspicions. One of the first things you're SUPPOSED to learn is "ya can't win the race in the first corner".

gran racing
09-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Have video of the incident?

Ed Funk
09-28-2014, 10:20 AM
I have front camera only....everything happened behind me. I got hit right rear an spun, then again right rear and bent sub-frame and tore off rear bumper, then light glancing hit left side, then right front. Pretty much it felt like everyone behind me either hit me or went in the grass to avoid hitting me. And many of those hit each other out in the grass. All because some idiot thinks he can win it all in the first corner and be a hero. Actually is a zero.

Ed Funk
09-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Review of the in car....in my right 6" convex, a blue and white Miata with stars on the hood was rubbing doors with Denice and then one of them did the initial tag and spin on me. Will try to post the video to vimeo and link it here. Need in car from others

Abhi
09-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Review of the in car....in my right 6" convex, a blue and white Miata with stars on the hood was rubbing doors with Denice and then one of them did the initial tag and spin on me. Will try to post the video to vimeo and link it here. Need in car from others

Ed,
How bad is the car?
Will you be able to fir it and go to the Glen?

Abhi

Ed Funk
09-28-2014, 11:35 AM
It's fixable, rear sub-frame is partially torn away from the unibody....so frame machine type fix...no way for the Glen.

supersmile
09-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Video from behind...I figured something nasty was going to happen and backed off a little going into Big Bend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UbB3MyJdEg&feature=youtu.be

StephF
09-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Who has the blue nose/white rear Miata with what looks like a star on the hood? He broadsided Denise and started everything.
Who is it???
Video to follow.

StephF
09-28-2014, 12:51 PM
So, watch the passenger side mirror.

https://vimeo.com/107397366

Greg Amy
09-28-2014, 02:04 PM
"How do you think he does it? I don't know;
What makes him sooo good?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDA-z6uJ2Kk

gran racing
09-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Damn Steph. Would love to see more video. Wonder if that Miata had video, but think not. He's the one who protested Denise; not vice versa. Denise has video, but according to Stewards it doesn't show enough either.

StephF
09-28-2014, 06:10 PM
I am pissed. Seriously pissed. There was absolutely no reason for that bullshit. I don't know yet who triggered it, but I will find out. I would have thrown paper if I could have laid my hands on anything conclusive at the track yesterday. I am sick and tired of having to hear, "Oh, that's racing." No it's not. That's being crappy driver with no clue what you are doing. "That's racing" is stuff like when two drivers going hard at it touch, like Jon Leitner and Joe Boruch did yesterday. Incidents happen. This was not an incident. This was a bowling ball in a china shop. Tell me why we have to hear over and over, "Oh, watch out for so and so, they're erratic/reckless/aggressive/will punt you." Why? What is the point of the contact impound if the frequent flyers get a pass every time?

mossaidis
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
It looks like that Miata drifted out and touched denise at big bend... then dominoes. at least that is what I see on Greg's video.

wepsbee
09-28-2014, 07:11 PM
The person driving the R/W/B Miata has stated that the cause of the incident was Denise making a hard right into him trying to take away his apex.
The video from Denise's car shows no manuevers at all through that turn. She was behind and slightly to the right of Ed when her car take a solid hit from the right and shoves her to the left. Her turn was even, smooth, with no sudden movements right or left until she was hit.

Greg Amy
09-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Looks to me like the Miata make a sudden move left. Did he get off the right edge of the pavement and get into a tank slapper? Then he hit Denise who hit Ed...

Is Denise's video posted anywhere? It almost looks like she was damn near into Ed before the Miata moved over...there wasn't a whole lotta wiggle room in there. And someone wiggled.

GA

JLawton
09-29-2014, 06:22 AM
"How do you think he does it? I don't know;
What makes him sooo good?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDA-z6uJ2Kk

Pinball Wizard! I get it!!

Sorry it happened Ed. You were running REALLY well in the morning.

team-gpracing
09-29-2014, 08:20 AM
The "Miata in question" makes a sudden move to the left. It looks like either something broke or he caught the edge of the pavement like GA said.

jumbojimbo
09-29-2014, 08:28 AM
I love the courtesy of waving at the RX-7 just after it hits you. My friends make fun of me for waving too much, but that's going above and beyond.

Andy Bettencourt
09-29-2014, 09:22 AM
The question is what created the sudden movement of the Miata. It seems unlikely it was Denise as in the :29 frame she appears to be too far away from him. It also appears to me that the Miata is NOT on the curbing when viewing this on a very large screen.

DVB's video will tell a lot.

JLawton
10-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Here is my video. It was really good quality until I up loaded to YouTube, But look in my rear view mirror............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albq1D7ojTE&feature=youtu.be

Knestis
10-02-2014, 10:19 PM
I think that the two cars touch side-to-side from the Miata in question just wandering around a bit, at which point the drag of the tire touching yanks him further driver's left.

K

Greg Amy
10-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Umm....unless I'm misinterpretating the rear-view mirror...the car on driver's left comes down into the Miata's rear, turning the Miata left and into Ed's ass, turning him....

Andy Bettencourt
10-02-2014, 11:20 PM
This is why the the video from the Teg will tell us what we need to know. Jeff's shot looks like the Teg drove into the Miata creating the ripple...but as Dan said, their review shows her holding her arc. Will be interesting.

JLawton
10-03-2014, 07:59 AM
I'm really pissed about the quality of the video on YouTube. When I run it on my computer it is crystal clear.............

Again, in past situations I've seen multiple videos all showing one thing and then you get that last one that shows what REALLY happened so I hold judgment........

My view: I was holding steady because I was riding the curb on the inside and had Ed inches off my door on the left. The Miata behind me seems to be holding steady with me and is also riding the inside curb. It "looks" like Denise gets bogged down behind Ed, sees me moving past him and decides to tuck in behind me not realizing the Miata was there.

gran racing
10-03-2014, 08:51 AM
I watched is several times. The miata holds his line. I was comparing it to how much gap there was between him and the side, which does not change. Isn't this the video that really shows what happened? I don't know what else is needed.

Jeff, usually when uploading it to YouTube, you're provided options about what quality you want to upload it. To watch it on a computer, it's not as critical.

To answer Ed's original question, I truly don't think whomever caused this incident even realizes it.

StephF
10-03-2014, 09:24 AM
I watched is several times. The miata holds his line. I was comparing it to how much gap there was between him and the side, which does not change. Isn't this the video that really shows what happened? I don't know what else is needed.

Jeff, usually when uploading it to YouTube, you're provided options about what quality you want to upload it. To watch it on a computer, it's not as critical.

To answer Ed's original question, I truly don't think whomever caused this incident even realizes it.

Then that is even worse. Is this going to have to turn into one of those cases where the drivers have to have an intervention? I have no problem at all with people who race hard but clean, or with rubs and dings when it's just the result of hard racing.
I do have problems with those who can't see anything from the doors back. There are an awful lot of people in the club who can't see anyone next to them. I've been put over the curb ON THE PACE LAP before by one, and knocked off track while in a race by others. I'm talking full side by side, not just having a nose up on someone.
How do you NOT see someone completely next to you?
And how can you duck around on Big Bend at the start of a full field like that unless you are dead certain you are clear? You should KNOW everyone is stacked up and tight going into there. You aren't going to win the race on the first turn, but you damn sure can lose it, if not for you then for someone else.
You hold your damn line until it sorts out a little bit so you don't f*** it up for everyone else.

Andy Bettencourt
10-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I was 51% sure I knew what happened after Greg's video. Now I'm not sure at all based on Jeff's video. Let's see the last video and we might have something.

StephF
10-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Does anyone here know the Miata, Kurt Syer? Would like the view from that car too. Also still not sure if there was any other cars near either one that could have started the entire schlamoozle.

JLawton
10-03-2014, 04:17 PM
I forgot I had only posted this to FaceBook. It might be clearer on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YopdzH96a0U&feature=youtu.be

Looks like the action starts just as Ed comes into view in the video. Again, viewing it from the source, the Miata is a foot or two off Ed's bumper when Ed starts to come around. If there was any contact from the Miata it was after Ed starts his spin....

vwzx7
10-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Impartial viewer here......

Safe to say it sure wasn't the fault of the r/w/b Miata. I'll leave it there...