PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Caravan to the 2014 ARRC at Road Atlanta

Greg Amy
06-09-2014, 04:00 PM
There was a lot of alcohol-induced conversation at Thompson this past weekend regarding the 2014 ARRC, with more than enough bravado about "let's roll!" I'm unlikely to race at Laguna, so I may have some vacation time available...

First weekend in November. Yes, that means Halloween night, but we can go buy some candy from a Walmart and celebrate the pagan holiday in the paddock (dunno if that's safer for the kids or not).

So...who's in?

StephenB
06-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I didn't look but if it is Halloween weekend then I am out. Have kids and can't miss that with them. :-) If it's nit in our Halloween weekend in our home town I am likely to go this year.

Stephen

Wreckerboy
06-09-2014, 08:19 PM
If you can tolerate the indignity of being seen in public with one of those damn Spec Miata guys, in. You bring the Vermont IPAs, and Jell-O production will commence appropriately. Which reminds me, I need to talk to the current owner of my old open trailer about borrowing it.

mossaidis
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
I brought up the topic last night with my little lady. She didn't say no.

webhound
06-12-2014, 11:02 AM

I think I made a lot of sense when we were hanging out drinking wine a few months ago. For a fee I can come back down and convince her this needs to happen. :happy204:

For us, this is probably a 50% event. It would be between the ARRC or the VIR13, we won't do both. It really was a great time last year, in spite of some reliability issues. I'd definitely consider doing it again sometime, kudos to you guys for considering it.

Will

gran racing
06-12-2014, 11:27 AM
I have not ruled this out. Would need to figure out a way to reduce towing costs versus the $1,000 fuel bill. And see where the car / engine are at.

pballance
06-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Oh no, the North invades again. LOL

Come on down, I will try to provide a Pint or two of Unobtainium for the travelers.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4FcE0SHzuP0/UvrTvk4LwnI/AAAAAAAAdrU/89BNJKrQmTA/w628-h837-no/IMG_20140211_195056.jpg

webhound
06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
I have not ruled this out. Would need to figure out a way to reduce towing costs versus the $1,000 fuel bill. And see where the car / engine are at.

I get $600 for tow fuel, if you're not lodging along the way. It's an easy trip from Albany. We did stop once on the way back tho.

webhound
06-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh, and you guys need to divide by two more often and split these bills by double dipping your car. It's awesome!

Ed Funk
06-12-2014, 07:21 PM

"Little Lady"?? Chauvinist!!

Abhi
06-12-2014, 07:24 PM

Dave,
I would like to go also
Does anyone have a trailer that could carry 3-4 cars?
We could use my hauler to pull it. We would get 10-12 mpg towing.
(As long as someone else drives.... I suck at pulling a trailer)

Abhi

StephenB
06-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Wait... what? Double dip your car??

Tell me more :-)

Dano77
06-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Im currently attempting to work a deal to use a three car Fifth wheel. Say 2 RX7 and one extra. If it works Im gonna try and build a storage container tyupe section under the deck to store spares and such. If we can find another 2/3 car trailer and another duelie, fuel bills will drop quick as well as drive/sleep time.

webhound
06-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Wait... what? Double dip your car??

Tell me more :-)

Well, last year at the ARRC we did the ARRC in ITA, ProIT, and ECR enduro. One driver, other driver, both drivers. We could have added a Prod or STL race as well.

Even in my crapwagon we were running times for top 2 or 3 in FP, granted it was a thin field. Point is, if you and/or your buddy aren't tore up with competitiveness, you can divide by 2 pretty easy.

We were both pretty busy the whole time, had fun and felt we got good bang for the buck.