PDA

View Full Version : Best Route to Summit Point from Central NJ

benspeed
04-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Hello - I'm heading to Summit Point at 3PM Friday - worried about I 95 rush hour and DC traffic. What is the best route to take?

Thanks,

Ben

dtanthon
04-10-2014, 01:10 PM
287 -> 78 -> 81 to Inwood. Then you need a map to get to the track.

You go no where near DC.

Good luck!

Greg Amy
04-10-2014, 01:21 PM
^^^ Concur. I never travel down the I-95 corridor, even to NJMP, and especially not while trailering.

benspeed
04-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks Gentlemen - I81 is the plan :-)

MMiskoe
04-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Ben - I trust you are aware of the rail-road crossing a couple of miles from the track. Your lonnggggg rig will not manage it well.

Greg Amy
04-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Ben - I trust you are aware of the rail-road crossing a couple of miles from the track. Your lonnggggg rig will not manage it well.

Go the other way, from the south. Exit off 91 on Rt 7, exit #315.Take that east to Rt 632 north. That's the way I always go when towing.

GA, who's scraped the bottom of the trailer on that railroad grade...

benspeed
04-14-2014, 10:32 PM
I did navigate the railroad crossing on the way out without difficulty but my rig is now a smaller 26 foot class c.

Great weekend - track was fast and I had a ton of fun racing with Marshall Lytle - he's got a new used E36 that he'll be tuning into another top car. Fantastic group of folks - Summit Point might win for charm and hospitality! The SM5 Miatas were insanely fast - cheers to the Elgin Racing guys and Adam

Ran some 1:24s which was the best I've done there - well, second time there with the 968 so I'm still learning the track. I was happy with my driving - getting faster and better as I get more experience in the car. Ran on some old junk tires but they still had some grip so I didn't put on the stickers.

Blew the CV joint and actually had the correct spare and with some help from ITB Porsche guys, we had it fixed up and back on track with no missed sessions! SCCA rules - best crew of folks to hang out with on a weekend. Thanks to Chuck and Hayes!!!

mossaidis
04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
congrats on a successful weekend! me = jealous.

CRallo
05-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Chuck and Hayes are great guys! Even when Hayes is sideways on the track in front of me... lol He spun coming out of 10 last year. It made for an interesting moment...

benspeed
05-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Hey Chris,

You have some fans down and Summit. I was talking to some old boys and they started telling me about this guy who is a total natural, could drive the wheels off anything - after a few questions we figured out it was you!!!

Cheers bro

callard
05-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Now Ben is calling me old.... What goes around, comes around. It just takes time. :p And lots of beer. Someone ask him why we are now calling him TwoPac.