PDA

View Full Version : Cash is out flowing - must be race season!!!

benspeed
03-31-2014, 09:39 PM
Figured its time to knock off the rust and get racing! Little status report on BigSpeed Racing. Got a new used eBay special Class C RV on the Ford E450 super duty chassis with the Triton V10 - the little Class A with the 454 was not up to the task and was sold after one trip so hopefully this Ford will have the grunt - so far it seems to pull awesome. Scored for $8000 and $1300 to get it delivered to NJ - long winter of shopping to find the right rig and price. 107K miles and feels very tight, interior is very nice. Come over for a beer!

New Hankook tires - $738 delivered - tell that's not a smoking deal? That's for the Ventus 214 C71 autocross tire-fast but short life
New Hawk HT10 141s.650 pads - off ebay for $165 - retailing over $200 + shipping another good buy
Home repairs on the bodywork for some savings but I did go all out for Powertech to nut and bolt the whole car for safety - worth it every time.

Yes, the theme here is to save enough money to actually race!!! :-)

The first event will be Summit Point. I'm going to focus on the North East Division Regional Series but it seems a little thrown together and I'd really appreciate some feedback on what folks think. Saw a few posts but not much. I want to confirm that this is THE regional championship to chase...Pro IT is the top dog otherwise. (DA and Terry - I will do a few - don't count me out)

So what's the score on NEDiv Regional Series - everybody going after that or nobody cares cause it's new?

benspeed
04-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Bump to see if anybody can share their thoughts or perspective on the. New NEDiv Regional Championship?

StephenB
04-04-2014, 08:44 AM
I am going to do the nerrc this year minus a lrp race in June because of my daughter's dance recital! :-)

I like your idea but travel costs add up for me, and with a 3.5 and 1 yr old kits of traveling gets tricky...

Stephen

PS: see what the autotechnic crew is doing, they are always bringing a lot of ITR cars to play with.

mossaidis
04-04-2014, 11:42 AM
I would love to do NeDIV Championships this year, but last year was fun and expensive running a full NARRC schedule. I will have to wait for 2015 or 2016. In the meantime, I am being choosy with tracks/dates based on schedule and budget. I am thinking NJMP at once for either Pro-IT or Majors (STL), one Thompson weekend and if $ allows, WGI in either Sept or Oct.

benspeed
04-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Cool - I'm not sure how many I can do but hoping for six events.

RSTPerformance
04-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Ben- opening Thimpson raced should be on the top of your list IMO... Anytime a track opens it is worth supporting the first event!

For me, it's NERC with the Dunlop sponsored ITR RX8! Spending extra money on improving the car rather tfan on tires! Should be fun!

Raymond

benspeed
04-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Thats a great point! Might try to make it if no overlaps - checking the schedule....

benspeed
04-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Car and rig weighed in nicely at 3200 steer axle 8800 rear axle and 4960 trailer axles. GCWR is 20,000 so nicely in the safe zone. Trying to publish a pic but not having much luck...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8969987@N06/13691846753/