PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Ford Fiesta ITD - Midwest

Scottjags
03-18-2014, 04:36 PM
UPDATED PICTURES IN POST 18. 19, AND 20

Hello all. I am new to the site and look forward to learning a lot from many of you. My wife and I recently acquired the below Ford Fiesta that she will be running in Midwest Council. This will be her first race car experience. It is coming along as we prepare it for an April drivers school. With the greatly appreciated time and effort put in by my older brother, we should be ready.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/BBB_zps222cc346.jpg

jimbbski
03-18-2014, 11:58 PM
That is a nice looking Fiesta. Where did you find it?

Since you plan on racing it with MCSCC I just want to let you know if you don't already but there are a number of people that have raced Fiestas in the past who still are part of MCSCC. I myself raced one from 1988-1995. The car won two ITC championships in MCSCC and then after I sold it, it won a SCCA Reg. championship in the Finger Lakes Reg. It's still a race car but is now a GTL class car.

l hope to be at the April MCSCC Driver School on the 19th but since I will be attending the April 18th test day at Gingerman for the Lemons race that weekend I can't be 100% certain.
I look forward to meeting up with you and learning more about your car.

Scottjags
03-19-2014, 12:07 AM
We have heard that a few Fiesta's are in the area and know of one that runs SCCA events, but not MCSCC events. I believe there is one out of Racine that may be a rental. I tried to go back through the race results for the last couple of years through MCSCC, but didn't see too much activity with the Fiesta's. It does look like a 90' Festiva runs once in awhile in ITD. It should be fun for my wife. She is really looking forward to drivers school. We will look forward to meeting you.

Florida Fiesta
03-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Great Looking Fiesta.... Who had this car before you?
Not sure what ITD is though.
I'd like to see more pics if you have them.

[email protected]
813 335 1809

take care,

Bill McCoin
ITC Fiesta

Scottjags
03-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Great Looking Fiesta.... Who had this car before you?
Not sure what ITD is though.
I'd like to see more pics if you have them.

[email protected]
813 335 1809

take care,

Bill McCoin
ITC Fiesta

Hello Bill. Thanks for the nice comments. The club, Midwest Council, that we are going to race with, has a ITD class. They classify the Fiesta in ITD and not ITC. This coming weekend I will have more pictures of the car and hopefully it will be real close to being set to go for her April 19th driver school. *** Any spare competition hubs that you would be willing to part with?

CRallo
03-24-2014, 07:38 PM
wow, I never thought that I'd say this about a Fiesta, but that thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Scottjags
03-25-2014, 02:12 AM
Thanks Chris.

joeg
03-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Simply gorgeous!!!

Scottjags
03-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks joeg.

Gary Swanson
03-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Good looking Fiesta! I run an ITC fiesta - NEOhio. I've got a ton of spares - including a spare tub. Let me know if you need anything.

Scottjags
03-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks Gary. I appreciate it. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

jumbojimbo
03-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Good looking Fiesta! I run an ITC fiesta - NEOhio. I've got a ton of spares - including a spare tub. Let me know if you need anything.

You can't call them spares until you get your car back out running. :)

jimbbski
03-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Is the car going to be ready by April 5th? That's when both MCSCC and BHV SCCA Reg. have an annual tech day and medical at Advanced Autosports open house in Beloit, WI.
I plan on attending so as to feed my racing appetite since it hasn't been fed since Nov. 2 of last year. (I attended a Lemons race at RA.)

Scottjags
03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Is the car going to be ready by April 5th? That's when both MCSCC and BHV SCCA Reg. have an annual tech day and medical at Advanced Autosports open house in Beloit, WI.
I plan on attending so as to feed my racing appetite since it hasn't been fed since Nov. 2 of last year. (I attended a Lemons race at RA.)

We are getting close, but I don't believe we have planned to take it down for that. Heading over to work on it now. Axles going in on Saturday morning and then hopefully over to our fabricators shop for some misc. items. We will be getting to the track early on the Friday prior to Saturdays driver school and planned to have it tech'd then.

cmcnicol
03-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Scott,
Just shot you an e-mail. You can get my download there, but as Jim said, there are a lot of us around with these cars and a couple more within SCCA. You will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, I will be joining your wife on the 19 in an attempt to get my license back after a 15 year hiatus. Look forward to seeing you there.
Chris McNicol
#92 ITD/C Fiesta
#92 HP Fiesta

Scottjags
03-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Scott,
Just shot you an e-mail. You can get my download there, but as Jim said, there are a lot of us around with these cars and a couple more within SCCA. You will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, I will be joining your wife on the 19 in an attempt to get my license back after a 15 year hiatus. Look forward to seeing you there.
Chris McNicol
#92 ITD/C Fiesta
#92 HP Fiesta

Replied back to you via e-mail. Awesome.

Florida Fiesta
03-28-2014, 09:28 AM
fyi - Autozone.com has timken wheel bearings at $14.99 for a 2-pack (SET22). The also have %25 off and free shipping for orders over $100for the next couple of days. A fair price for inner and outer seals also (#3723 and 3724 i think). Not a good deal on spindle nuts though.

Scottjags
03-29-2014, 08:02 PM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/FF-L_zps0f462f25.jpghttp://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/FF-A_zpse5206ee5.jpg

Scottjags
03-29-2014, 08:02 PM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/FF-I_zps34c72df4.jpghttp://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/FF-G_zpsd114ebe2.jpg

Scottjags
03-29-2014, 08:03 PM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/FF-K_zps559c3d3e.jpg

cmcnicol
03-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Looking good, Scott. Where did you and Rebecca find this car? Was it out East where the spares are?
Chris McNicol

Scottjags
03-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks Chris. I was unable to bring everything back with me due to limited space. He is going to keep everything stored for me. I hope to make a trip back there later this year to gather the remaining items up.

Scottjags
04-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Drove her for the first time today. A couple of minor things to complete and then in the trailer for next weekends driver school.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/BBB_zps222cc346.jpg

jimbbski
04-12-2014, 11:54 PM
I'll try to look you up Sat. morning.

Scottjags
04-14-2014, 03:16 PM
I'll try to look you up Sat. morning. Look forward to meeting you.

Gary Swanson
04-20-2014, 08:54 PM
You can't call them spares until you get your car back out running. :)
OUCH! That one was a direct hit! Maybe this year. I think I said that last year, also.

Scottjags
04-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Great weekend. Couldn't ask for better weather. Rebecca did a great job. She said she almost gave up as she was so overwhelmed by all the information being provided. It all came together in the last few sessions and she felt very good about her progress.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/R-3_zps2cdf8a40.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/R-1_zps03442cab.jpg

jimbbski
04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
When I have instructed I usually tell my student that's what's going to happen as part of my introduction. Sensory overload is what I call it. Once you figure out the racing line and dealing with traffic it gets easier. Then it doesn't feel so overwhelming. Just tell her everyone experiences it at their first school. It only gets easier from here.

She looked good out there. At the end of the day I did talk to some of the instructors working the event and they all had good things to say. Looking to sharing the track with her.

cmcnicol
04-29-2014, 04:55 PM
As I shared with you in an e-mail, Scott, Rebecca did a great job. Looking forward to getting back out there and dicing somemore this year. And Jim, thanks for instructing on such an odd date. I was really pleased with the turn out, considering, and what a strange sensation to wake up at an almost empty race track on Easter.

Chris McNicol
#92 ITD Ford Fiesta
#92 HP Ford Fiesta

joeg
04-30-2014, 06:21 AM
I suggest putting the OEM lifts back on the hatch. The stick routine can be painful (as in getting clunked in the head)learned from experience!!

Nice craftsmanship.

Scottjags
07-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Changed it up a bit. Ready to go through its second driver school this weekend.

Flyinglizard
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Sweet cars- hate the brakes tho.
The fastest way to improve the racing line and general on track performance is to have the instructor ride along. Add a muffler, get a comunicator and run the driver at some PDX events. Even run a few Autocross with both of you and see how each of you differs and performs.
NASA does this but the SCCA schools dont yet.
As my son gets faster, we drive the car for 3-4 laps and switch seats, shake and repeat. When he started he knew a lot, now he knows that we can all go faster each day.Every day.
When you get the driver sorted, send me an email for a free copy of my book, just cuz you have a Fiesta.

pfcs
07-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Geeze Michael!!-What's it take to get an autographed copy?

Scottjags
07-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Sweet cars- hate the brakes tho.
The fastest way to improve the racing line and general on track performance is to have the instructor ride along. Add a muffler, get a comunicator and run the driver at some PDX events. Even run a few Autocross with both of you and see how each of you differs and performs.
NASA does this but the SCCA schools dont yet.
As my son gets faster, we drive the car for 3-4 laps and switch seats, shake and repeat. When he started he knew a lot, now he knows that we can all go faster each day.Every day.
When you get the driver sorted, send me an email for a free copy of my book, just cuz you have a Fiesta.

Thank you very much. Also, greatly appreciate the book offer.

Well I was successful yesterday and received novice license. Man oh man am I rusty. Felt like I was fighting the car and therefore the smooth is fast concept was not on my plate. My better half was running better times. She was running smooth. Race tomorrow with 3 Fiesta's and a Festiva. Should be real fun. I am going to focus on getting some rhythm and smooth it out. I will update tomorrow evening. Thanks again.

Flyinglizard
07-05-2014, 01:20 PM
"3 Fiesta's and a Festiva" ??? take a picture please. That has to be the most baby fords together ever.
Phil you can have a copy anytime . Only one got printed maybe as it is a PDF file.

Scottjags
07-05-2014, 01:34 PM
"3 Fiesta's and a Festiva" ??? take a picture please. That has to be the most baby fords together ever.
Phil you can have a copy anytime . Only one got printed maybe as it is a PDF file.

And to think they is actually another one in the area whose owner recently went to FF's. I will make sure to get a picture or two.

Scottjags
07-06-2014, 11:11 PM

Great Sunday of racing at Black Hawk Farms Raceway. 4 ITD cars in class and all finished. What a blast.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/WIROADGLIDE/D-CUPP3_zps04172973.jpg