PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Release & Waiver of Liability

240zdave
03-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Is this something new with SCCA events? Anyone have any insight or knowledge that they can impart?

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...l%20Waiver.pdf

Dave Dewhurst just posted something similar on the Prod site.

Tristan Smith
03-06-2014, 04:14 PM
I believe it is required to get a hard card, and limits the number of times you have to sign your rights away (at some tracks).

chuck baader
03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
With the hard card, you sign the SCCA waver once for the year. Sign each track waver, however.

Greg Amy
03-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Not new; I've had a hardcard for at least two years (maybe three or four?). Bottom line:

- Upload photo to scca.com's member login area.
- Get the annual waiver (comes in the mail with every driver renewal) either notarized or witnessed by an SCCA Registrar (Regional Registrar's OK, I'm one)
- Mail waiver to SCCA (PDFs not accepted) and request hardcard
- Drivers get it at no charge; I think a certain level of volunteer participation also gets it free. And I think 25 days volunteering gets you a special volunteer printed card
- If you sign up for the annual Majors program (permanent number) you get a "special" Majors participation version.

It's not like a Grand-Am hardcard where you can wave it at the gate and waltz into a track; you still need to stop at Reg. however, it avoids having to sign the waiver each time you sign in.

Greg

Edit: "Track Waiver"? You have to sign a separate waiver for tracks down there...? Come to think of it, I had to sign two waivers at Sebring...?

Z3_GoCar
03-07-2014, 12:07 AM
We pulled into Inde Motorsports Park at 10:30 pm on a Thursday and had to sign the track waiver before we could park to camp that night. Next morning I had to sign a second waiver to run the weekend.

dickita15
03-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Edit: "Track Waiver"? You have to sign a separate waiver for tracks down there...? Come to think of it, I had to sign two waivers at Sebring...?

Pocono too

Terry Hanushek
03-09-2014, 10:28 PM

NJMP too

chuck baader
03-10-2014, 09:50 AM
You always have to sign the track waver. If you have the hard card, you have signed the SCCA waver for the year:026: