PDA

View Full Version : Lighted Gauges Warning light

tdw6974
02-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Now where does one purchase those flashing warning light gauges per the TV coverage of the Daytona 500! :D

Greg Amy
02-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Didn't watch it. Description?

Between readily-available LEDs and easy-to-find binary switch/sensors, it can't be that difficult to create your own.

GA

jimbbski
02-24-2014, 10:45 AM
The fact that they are now using electronic FI with an ECU it all may be programed into the whole system. That's not saying that an individual can't come up with something similar or perhaps just go to Auto Meter's website and see what they offer?

jwasilko
02-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Now where does one purchase those flashing warning light gauges per the TV coverage of the Daytona 500! :D

They are Autometer Elite, I think:

http://www.autometer.com/media_newsarticle.aspx?aid=106

I've got them in my car...they're nice.

Matt93SE
02-24-2014, 11:28 AM
There's a couple of brands out there that will do that. Defi gauges do some neat stuff too, but their price is a bit extreme for a "cheap race car". The import tuners love 'em though because of all the blinky lights.

joeg
02-24-2014, 02:49 PM
SPEK Pro Gauges

tdw6974
02-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Since we broke a fan Belt and as a result warped the rotor housings(UGH) looking to do some type of "Warning" light the Autometer Elite series look like the ones saw on some of the interior shots last night on broadcast entire gauge flashes when a problem occurs. Longacre makes a water pressure warning light that goes out when system builds pressure so if coolant was lost light would come on to be a visual signal to coolant loss

jwasilko
02-24-2014, 11:28 PM
I lost the alternator tensioner bolt on my Miata and the flashing water temp gauge caught my eye very quickly.

Beyond the warnings, they have other great features like peak recall and the ability to send to a datalogger (so one sender can feed the gauge and a logger).

Carl Johnk
02-25-2014, 03:31 PM
I have one from Marshall Instruments in my spec miata. Reasonable price. Just over $100 for gauge and sender. The alarm points are programmable and there is a switch output to go to a separate light. Also 1-5v output for a data acquisition system.

Ron Earp
02-25-2014, 03:44 PM
If you're using a Traqmate you can take analog data in and the Traqmate can be used to trigger a warning light via digital out and a relay. I know that isn't what you're looking for, but on the off chance you're using a Traqmate and overlooked that feature it might help you out.

tdw6974
02-25-2014, 10:06 PM
The Marshall instruments looks interesting. Need all the warnings we can get!!