PDA

View Full Version : Last call for the Roebling school

Flyinglizard
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM
1200$ includes all. Cars are on the trailer RTG.
Entry looks weak
**** For all of the outsiders looking in. SCCA now has only one school required to get your novice permit and go racing**

Yes, you can run your ITEZ. Chumpcar, lemons car or about anything with a valid cage and safety items .

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44466&tag=52

JeffYoung
02-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Damn. When I did the school in 2003, there were over 100 cars, and three big run groups.....30 entries? REally?

Flyinglizard
02-18-2014, 09:52 PM
I have realized that as I take new drivers for our teams, I have the newbs send a video or do a ride along at a track day, as well as a race bio. . Doing a SCCA school or having a novice permit has little value as a car owner.
FWIW the race schools are the best $ spent by far, in regards to track time. .
I have found that 2 days of in car coaching can gain the equivalent of 2-3 yrs of SCCA racing/learning curve.
My path of preference has been just that, 2 days or more of track day coaching, Some un named endurance race with low pressure along with vids, another track day and then maybe SCCA racing, including the school if needed.
Maybe the SCCA could consider doing the first day with incar coaching, like the rest of the market does. The result would be a much higher value new racer and possibly more market. Only if promoted well of course.
There are many track days with lots of well paying students.