PDA

View Full Version : Another Legacy Member Passes

pfcs
02-10-2014, 12:01 PM
but not soon forgotten for those who participated with John Weaver.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/philly/obituary.aspx?n=john-adams-weaver&pid=169604660&fhid=4492

He was an unending source of resistance to anyone else winning an ITB race in the northeast for decades. Always a gentleman but waiting to take advantage of the least miscue; when I did 12 races in one season, I think he was at every one; my young children thought he was the devil who stole victories from me; to me he was a great friend and mentor, well and truly missed.
And not replaceable.

callard
02-10-2014, 12:58 PM
John and his burgundy BMW were always a welcome site at MARRS races. He was a great competitor and gracious host at the year end IT-B championship party thrown by the season winner. :smilie_pokal: We will miss his smile and joy when he arrived at the track with his family for another race. "Weaver's here....cool!" we thought. Now we need to organize a Missing Man for MARRS 1.

Ed Funk
02-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Raced against him many times...LRP, WGI, Pocono. Always a gentleman, always a tough competitor. Think of him every time I go to grid....he was the first guy I ever heard say on grid, "Ya can't win in the first corner".

He'll be missed and remembered.

pfcs
02-10-2014, 02:44 PM
John and his burgundy BMW were always a welcome site at MARRS races. "Weaver's here....cool!" we thought. Now we need to organize a Missing Man for MARRS 1.

Yeah, but how about the white one and the blue one?

jjjanos
02-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Now we need to organize a Missing Man for MARRS 1.

Being organized.

dgragu
02-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Always a great competitor and a joy to race with. He will be missed.

Terry Hanushek
02-11-2014, 08:33 AM
John was a great competitor and a good friend. I will really miss seeing him and talking to him at the races.

Terry

badal
02-11-2014, 09:16 AM
I went to drivers school with him. Always fun to race with him and hang out.
Funny and fun to be around.

BillBall
02-11-2014, 09:50 AM
John was my instructor when I received my SCCA Provisional License, and remained someone I am happy to have called a friend ever since, he will be missed.

Bill Ball

BTW I joined this forum because my ITR E30M3 is going back together, I think I'll run #9 on it for some races