PDA

View Full Version : 20v Audi coupe gt?

jwasilko
01-29-2014, 10:41 PM
I've got a friend with a 20v Audi coupe gt and they were wondering where it would be classed. I don't see the 20v classed in the GCR. Does anyone know why that is?

Is there a process to get it classed?

Thanks!

-j

StephenB
01-29-2014, 10:44 PM
We got the 90 coupe classed in ITA a few years ago. Had two sitting ready to build... Decided it wouldn't be quick enough... Sold both cars for cheap!

Stephen

jwasilko
01-29-2014, 10:51 PM
We got the 90 coupe classed in ITA a few years ago. Had two sitting ready to build... Decided it wouldn't be quick enough... Sold both cars for cheap!

Stephen

The only coupe I see in ITA is the SOHC engine. Any thoughts about the DOHC?

RSTPerformance
01-29-2014, 11:39 PM
The 90 coupe Quattro should be classed in ITA and it is fast enough IMO... This car though is a Coupe GT with a transplant motor from another Audi model. I don't know the ST rules enough to know it would fit in one or if the only place the car can run is ITE... I suggested e post here because a of people here are good at that stuff :)

Raymond

Rabbit05
01-31-2014, 07:45 AM
With a 20v swap to a CGT, it would be either ITE or STU . STU (iirc) is 2.5L and under. I always thought that a 4K with a AAN would be a possible front runner in STU. Or just get a turbo kit for the 7A....OR ...find an Urq an put an ANN in it...( ok I'm dreamin)

I casually browse the ST stuff and it seems that the turbo cars have the upper hand as of late . But tGA would have a better handle on that than me....

-John