PDA

View Full Version : Washer bottles -- was it armageddon?

JoshS
01-12-2014, 02:19 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry for leaving IT after I dropped the "no more washer bottles" bomb!

But I was thinking about it today with my old racing buddies, and I want to know -- over the last 3 seasons, did the sky fall?

I almost bought another Z3 Coupe today and it got me reminiscing about IT :-)

Ed Funk
01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Cars are faster, records have fallen, competition is closer. Those damn washer bottles were screwing up EVERYTHING! Good riddance! I don't even have bad breath anymore.

jumbojimbo
01-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Three years? There are active competitors who still think we have washer bottles. I saw a post on the brown board last week complaining about it.

People were insane to think that if the VIN rule didn't cause a meltdown that washer bottles would even be a blip.

lawtonglenn
01-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Cars are faster, records have fallen, competition is closer. Those damn washer bottles were screwing up EVERYTHING! Good riddance! I don't even have bad breath anymore.

actually Ed I think it's deterioration of your sense of smell :)

jimbbski
01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
I keep mine that way I can always say it's why I can't win a race, it's all because of those dam cheaters! LOL!

Knestis
01-12-2014, 01:58 PM
IT entries have been decreasing consistently over that time, so yeah - that's a logical conclusion, that washer bottles are to blame.

Thanks, Obama! ;)

K

Ron Earp
01-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Some claimed it'd be the tip of the iceberg that would sink IT. Turns out it wasn't.

Knestis
01-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Some claimed it would be the salvation of the category. It wasn't.

:)

K

JoshS
01-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Some claimed it would be the salvation of the category. It wasn't.

:)

K

:-)

Well, I didn't claim either one, I just thought it was sensible and would have no major effect.

Ron Earp
01-13-2014, 07:59 AM
:-)

Well, I didn't claim either one, I just thought it was sensible and would have no major effect.

And I just argued against the ones who thought the ship would go down.

I still have the washer bottle in the Mustang, complete with functioning squirters. I believe I am going to toss the system though as I don't ever use them when racing, although I thought I might.

BruceG
01-13-2014, 08:37 AM
GCR clearly states that water bottles may only be mounted adjacent to nitrous bottles on center console.:dead_horse:

erlrich
01-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Clearly the ITA MR2 got a bigger advantage from removing their bottles, since one beat me the last time I raced. I think they need to gain some weight...

Spinnetti
01-15-2014, 02:16 PM
I "tuned out" the last few years after my car got re-classed and overweighted, but now back due to some glimmers of hope with weight adjustments! - So seriously the washer bottle thing is now a non issue? that's nice. Lets get a new pointless discussion for the next decade - Battery Relocation! hahahhaha!

Cluelessmale
01-15-2014, 02:27 PM
I really believe unless you are making it to the top 4-5, than it does not matter what you have done to your car.

Since I(last place) am not losing because what you did/didn't do to your car. As long as everyone is having fun and even a good race with someone in another class, that is all that matters.