PDA

View Full Version : mystery shocks

mikeg
12-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I recently bought a ITA Miata which had these single adj. shocks.There is no manufacture label and I am at a loss as to who it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

zchris
12-21-2013, 09:35 AM
They look like Penske circle track shocks with the top adjuster conversion.
Chris

joeg
12-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Look like $$$$

zchris
12-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Actually there only around $500 each. What expensive is is all relative to how close to the pointy end of the field you want to be. My new car has $5k in Penskes on it. I want to be at that pointy end alot.
Chris

lateapex911
12-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Actually there only around $500 each. What expensive is is all relative to how close to the pointy end of the field you want to be. My new car has $5k in Penskes on it. I want to be at that pointy end alot.
Chris

per corner?????!!!!

gran racing
12-27-2013, 09:03 AM
LOL! $5k in Penskies, meaning total. Gesh. :p

Dano77
12-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Thats like 3 IT7 cars:smilie_pokal:

lateapex911
12-27-2013, 03:01 PM
LOL! $5k in Penskies, meaning total. Gesh. :p
OK, reading owns me, but I have seen Dampers priced at $2K plus a corner (not including set up) in my casual travels, so 5k is possible.

Xian
12-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I've got around $9k in MCS's on my shitbox. Yes, really. LOL

Awesome shocks... Love them!

timo944
12-28-2013, 03:20 PM
I've got around $9k in MCS's on my shitbox. Yes, really. LOL

Awesome shocks... Love them!

Shocking!

seckerich
12-28-2013, 03:25 PM
9K in shocks and Hoosier is the devil. :D

Street tires, yay!!!

Xian
12-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Why would I run Hoosiers on my street car? ;)

Seriously though, I love pimp shocks on the street. Ironically, I've never had them on any of my race cars. Maybe I was spending all my cash on R6's. Lol! The one thing I'll say about something like Moton/MCS is that they're a great value if you can find them used at the right price. They don't depreciate much beyond the initial purchaser so you can buy them, run them, and then resell them for what you paid.

adamjabaay
12-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Why would I run Hoosiers on my street car? ;)

Seriously though, I love pimp shocks on the street. Ironically, I've never had them on any of my race cars. Maybe I was spending all my cash on R6's. Lol! The one thing I'll say about something like Moton/MCS is that they're a great value if you can find them used at the right price. They don't depreciate much beyond the initial purchaser so you can buy them, run them, and then resell them for what you paid.

I remember , on way to runoffs, asking you what those MCS would cost , new.

and being completely disgusted. Haha

when I got into this hobby , koni race shocks seemed like a far off dream.... Way too expensive.....and now I have them on 3 cars

Xian
12-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Agreed... the price tag is a huge shocker. Honestly, I can't say that I'd even really suggest putting them on a race car unless your local track was super bumpy (Sebring?). The smoother the pavement, the less advantage they have over cheaper options.

Z3_GoCar
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Just surf the MCS page, you'll probably see what your particular application costs. 3-way remote resovoir for my application are ~$8k, I presume that's what you've got to deal with the bumps. I'm preparing my car to be run-offs worthey as I can and part of that's updating the cage and suspension, I'm going with MCS remote resovoirs with the rear being converted to true coilover.

Xian
01-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Just surf the MCS page, you'll probably see what your particular application costs. 3-way remote resovoir for my application are ~$8k, I presume that's what you've got to deal with the bumps. I'm preparing my car to be run-offs worthey as I can and part of that's updating the cage and suspension, I'm going with MCS remote resovoirs with the rear being converted to true coilover.

Yup, triples are really, really nice. I came from Moton 2 ways and the extra adjustment is nice to have but not strictly necessary, IMO.

Let me know if you need an MCS distributor contact... I've got a friend who I can point you to for some solid pricing. :)