PDA

View Full Version : Crap Can results for a PR

Flyinglizard
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Can the regions that have been running CrapCans please send me some results and a short synopsis , including rules used?
I will hand it off to my PR guy and submit it to "GrassRoots"( and others) for inclusion to their " CrapCan Racing" section.
Thanks, MM

JeffYoung
11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Can the regions that have been running CrapCans please send me some results and a short synopsis , including rules used?
I will hand it off to my PR guy and submit it to "GrassRoots"( and others) for inclusion to their " CrapCan Racing" section.
Thanks, MM

You know, I rally wish you'd stop posting non-IT stuff here.

Can a moderator delete this stuff as spam?

ohno50
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Solution:Don't look at it! It's not like there are soooooo many threads that you have to get you panties in a wad.

Greg Amy
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
I suggest it's more because you're posting non-IT stuff on a forum entitled...wait for it..."General IT Discussions (http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)".

Why don't you guys pool your money and build your own forum? It'll only cost you about the same as 100 miles or so in the toter homes...

Ron Earp
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Can do. Should the author be banned as a spammer?

Greg Amy
11-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I say give 'em one thread, call it "CrapCan Discussions", and we can just move all discussions there.

Or, if they want to make a sizable donation toward the cause, we can create their own area if/when we assume control of the forum.

- GA

Flyinglizard
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Funny stuff . I do all that I can do to promote SCCA racing. I include all of the SCCA track events and race schools to all of my driver pool. I advise most of my drivers to get more training.

The cars are already running in many struggling regions. I believe in using all available tools to get something done. free mag coverage is one of those tools, IMHO.

The cars are Touring cars on DOT tires. most simalar to the IT cars/
When national gives the regions a rule set( derived from mine), they will most likely fall under the IT board.

I am asked why I bother with the SCCA at all, when there are so many other hassle free places to race, with nice racers.
I dont have an valid answer. Just racing I guess.
Either you are part of the solution ( to gain new faces ) or you are part of the problem.
I will not promote CC racing any more in SCCA or here. cuz ihave better things to do that shit inthe sandbox.
later, MM

Ron Earp
11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Good decision.

Again, I'll suggest that you should post on "the other road racing forum" where there are crap can racers, autocrossers, SCCA racers, and NASA racers. Much broader audience and I suspect you'll find some healthy input.

JeffYoung
11-06-2013, 03:55 PM
A CrapCan subforum is fine by me.

Terry Hanushek
11-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Jeff / Greg

A CrapCan subforum is fine by me.

Sounds reasonable .... it was done for Super Touring. However, it can't be done until we have an active administrator.

Stay tuned

Terry

highwayracer
11-06-2013, 04:45 PM
...and people wonder why outsiders think SCCA racers are a bunch of old jerks.

jumbojimbo
11-06-2013, 04:52 PM
I will not promote CC racing any more in SCCA or here. cuz ihave better things to do that shit inthe sandbox.

If only that happened, it would be a sight to see...

I understand your frustration, but people have been pretty clear, you praise Chump/Lemons (the actual organizations not just the concept) and you berate IT and SCCA. You think you are promoting and helping SCCA, but maybe we don't see it that way as you try to carve pieces off of us to feed to your personal obsession.

This all or nothing, I either get my way or I'll take my ball and go home bullshit is tiresome. You can blame us for being negative nancy's all you want, but you are the one who continuously complains about our category and our club with incorrect assertions about cost and fun. We've tolerated you for years with just the occasional "hey, lay off a little on the anti-IT jabbing".

Greg Amy
11-06-2013, 04:52 PM
...and people wonder why outsiders think SCCA racers are a bunch of old jerks.
SCCA racers are a bunch of jerks because they're tired of seeing CrapCan pissing and moaning on an Improved Touring forum...?

Really...?

Seriously...?

slopok
11-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Good decision.

Again, I'll suggest that you should post on "the other road racing forum" where there are crap can racers, autocrossers, SCCA racers, and NASA racers. Much broader audience and I suspect you'll find some healthy input.

I am told he does the same thing on the other site and they are sick of him

Flyinglizard
11-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Hey Slo. If you want to give me crap you need to get in line behind Greg.
He is one of the few that has been IT racing since the beginning as I have.
I respect most of what these guys have to say.
Respect also comes with a valid sig, name, car raced,etc.
So sign your name to any insults please.
FWIW Ihave never posted on the BBoard .
Thanks,MM

evanwebb
11-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Seriously, you guys are a bit over-sensitive. When we get an administrator let's add a crapcan subforum and in the meantime Mike can post here. If you don't want to read it, don't!

Ron Earp
11-07-2013, 11:33 AM
I am told he does the same thing on the other site and they are sick of him

No, Mike is not on the forum that I speak of, which I cannot write here. It's like Fight Club, if you don't know then you don't know. It's be a great place to air the LeChump/SCCA/NASA discussions because there are so many from each camp there, unlike here which is all about IT.