PDA

View Full Version : Povoledo/Joey G Open Track at WGI 07/17 & 07/18

vicktorvolpe
07-07-2013, 04:04 PM
A few of you guys in the NE have been to our Open track day events at NJMP, and we are doing one at Watkins Glen in the next couple of weeks.

This is right before the Regional race at WGI, and should be a great event. It will feature the normal track walk with Aaron Povoledo, and tons of open track time and testing opportunities. Aaron will also be available for short coaching stints, and we will have a "skid car" set up.

Aaron has a ST class pole at WGI, as well as "most laps led" honors. He has also wriiten a few articles about driving WGI. Working with him up there last year I was able to finally get into the 2:20's.

https://www.opentrackdayevents.com/

http://www.snmagcurr...ation/?i=128324 (pages 64-69 for his track notes)

Abhi
07-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Just signed up for both days.
Matt Kessler made me, so I "suck less" at the Glen.

Does anyone have hotel recommendations in the area ?

Abhi

Greg Amy
07-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Seneca Lodge, dude. Right there by the bar. Gotta call them, none of that fancy-schmancy "online stuff"...

Povoledo is one of the good guys: talented driver, excellent communicator, and an all-around good guy.

"tGA approved" (That there is trademarked, not to be used without written permission of tGA International, Inc.)

gran racing
07-08-2013, 08:32 PM
So does this mean we'll share a garage? One 1/2 at $95 or a full garage? And damn, 2 of these days then the Friday test day on top of that??? Isn't your extra HP enough? :(

vicktorvolpe
07-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Just signed up for both days.
Matt Kessler made me, so I "suck less" at the Glen.

Abhi

That kessler has a way with words.......

povoledo did help me find about a second and a half at the glen, and overall has made me a better racer. also his rain line is crazy.....but it works.

kcolbey
07-10-2013, 07:07 PM
I have a few other hotels if interested, but I haven't stayed in any (I'm 25 minutes from the track.) The Falls Motel and Relax Inn are both in Montour Falls at the bottom of the hill (probably 10 minutes from the track). There are a bunch of places in the village, but I know they can be hit and miss.

CRallo
07-11-2013, 11:05 PM
The Falls IS decent... and more importantly, the best place to for a large radius is right next door. MuraBella's, an Italian Steakhouse, is built right into the side of the cliff!!