PDA

View Full Version : CRX undertray

USGUYS
05-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I have been racing CRXs for a number of years. Recently I saw one that had undertray with panels mounted on the suspension. I only saw it briefly. I can't find any info about it.
Can anyone tell more and where I can get them. The car owner told me they were original to the car.

Flyinglizard
05-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Check the hybrid version.

Chip42
05-30-2013, 02:20 PM
news to me - if anything I'd check the HF cars, but they aren't ITA spec CRXes so... also, everything I HAVE seen bolts to the body, not the suspension.

Aaaaaaand there were no hybrid CRXes that I'm aware of. . .

Robbie
05-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Check the hybrid version.

CRX's never came as a hybrid. That's a CRZ which is nearly 20 years newer and not part of the same model line.

Gregg
05-31-2013, 09:46 AM
What you're probably talking about are parts like #6 & #9 below...

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sh201_b49.png

They're kinda extensions of the fender liners and do extend under portions of the motor/trans, but are definitely not attached to the suspension itself. Given the problems getting any cool air to the front brakes (even when using ducts), most of us remove as much of that stuff as possible.

Flyinglizard
05-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Early "Insight" has a bunch of closeout panels . pans.

lateapex911
05-31-2013, 11:53 PM
I have been racing CRXs for a number of years. Recently I saw one that had undertray with panels mounted on the suspension. I only saw it briefly. I can't find any info about it.
Can anyone tell more and where I can get them. The car owner told me they were original to the car.

Read the airdam/splitter rules in the ITCS/GCR for what you are allowed to fabricate. You are allowed to go as far back as the wheel opening. (with some constraints/requirements)

IF the car has panels like Gregg shows, it's is my understanding of the rules that you must leave them. Unmodified. Unless they are called "fender liners" in the parts list.