PDA

View Full Version : Just couldn't stay away from IT!

gran racing
05-22-2013, 07:35 PM
After briefly experiencing Spec Miata and great plans not coming together, I needed to come back to improved touring. Just love racing with mixed cars. Plus I have to go after Abhi and Lawton! Figure that Mickey will find me. While not an Andy Bettencourt build, the car is pretty damn well built. Then adding to that is a planned Kessler Engineering turn day to find those extra HP!

Gulick and I are making the treck down south to pick my new ride in early June. Looking forward to racing being about the fun of it... well, mostly. First day out will be at an LRP SCDA event on 6/13. Absolutely can not wait!!!

Here she is! <In before the gay jokes begin> LOL

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=577

mossaidis
05-22-2013, 08:51 PM
excellent... another target...

congrats Dave!!!

lawtonglenn
05-23-2013, 08:22 AM
excellent... another target...

tar·get [tahr-git] noun

1. an object, usually marked with concentric circles, to be aimed at and hit
2. a goal to be reached and surpassed

Mickey, which definition did you mean? :D

mossaidis
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
geez... tough call. Both definitions suggest that Dave qualified in front of me and I need to pass him among "other things". The other scenario would be if I am lapping Dave and then pass him as well as do "other things". Dave is too good of driver to be lapped. So I guess you have your answer(s) (shrug)

Dave, it's great to have you back! Glenn, mind your own business! :P

Andy Bettencourt
05-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Great stuff. Can't wait!

gran racing
05-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Ah yes, being lapped. I recall several years ago having a lofty goal at LRP of not being lapped by Serra and the other leaders. Often I did not accomplish that. lol

Don't worry buddy, "other things" can happen when I'm being lapped. :p Guess I won't replace that front fender right away afterall. Oh man, Kessler is sitting back wondering how much new battle damage business he's gonna get.

First time in a while I've truly been excited about racing for the fun of it. Great to get that back again. Hoosier tires arrive this Friday. :D

mossaidis
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Don't forget about the little red book... interesting color, btw, that is being instituted this year in NeDiv. All/any contact gets recorded.

jwasilko
05-23-2013, 09:43 AM
That's a "Hella" nice car!

gran racing
05-23-2013, 09:54 AM
I've never felt the need to intentially make contact (exept for bump drafting on occassion). Another one of those people who has the attitude of I'll race you as you race me. Certainly not afraid of contact though. ;)

I know there will be a learning curve and it'll take a bit of time to fully get up to speed with it.

chuck baader
05-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Congrats, Dave...you got a damn good car.

Abhi
05-23-2013, 12:20 PM
After briefly experiencing Spec Miata and great plans not coming together, I needed to come back to improved touring. Just love racing with mixed cars. Plus I have to go after Abhi and Lawton! Figure that Mickey will find me. While not an Andy Bettencourt build, the car is pretty damn well built. Then adding to that is a planned Kessler Engineering turn day to find those extra HP!

Glad to have you back in a ITA Miata. Can't wait to run with you. That is one pretty car. Is it fast ?

Abhi

gran racing
05-23-2013, 12:31 PM
It's well built, yup.

We'll see how it compares to your killer Kessler motor though after we put it on the dyno and complete a tune.

LRP in July? Then to the Glen? Come on Abhi!!

BruceG
05-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Nice car,Dave!! I have requested a second flatbed at LRP for ITA due to the carnage level! We have a special feature to be used on Mickey's Civic where we start pulling the car off the flatbed....without releasing the front chains. Makes a very nice LWB Civic limo after we are done!!

moto62
05-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Oh snap Dave! Very nice.

JLawton
05-24-2013, 07:31 AM
You guys forget that Dave has spent the last couple of years racing an SSM............. There's not going to be much of a learning curve........ Plus the fact Dave is an excellent driver anyhow.......... I don't think anyone should have any visions of grandeur about lapping Dave.

Plus the ITA field in the Northeast is fairly weak this season............. :D My prediction this weekend at NHMS an IT-7 will make the podium. :p

gran racing
05-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Plus the ITA field in the Northeast is fairly weak this season.............

That's awesome. LMAO!! I'm just considering this a prep year for when the real talent comes back to ITA next year.

Only did two race weekends in SSM trim last year. But yes, at least I've gotten some time in a Miata / RWD car.

Bill Miller
05-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Nice score Dave! When are you and Jake going to be coming through NJ? Maybe we can grab a beer.

Andy Bettencourt
05-24-2013, 09:49 AM
If it's as wet as I think its gonna be, there will be no way to predict the top 3. Good luck to all, stay dry!!!

lateapex911
05-24-2013, 02:17 PM
If it's as wet as I think its gonna be, there will be no way to predict the top 3. Good luck to all, stay dry!!!
I've found an IT-7 to be a fun tool in the wet.........